only a dog but

oowee

This morning my dog (Harry) a 7 month old cocker had escaped and was over on the common. I went out to retrieve him and he ran towards me. I could hear a car to my left and tried to stop him running over. He failed to stop and was killed. We live pretty much in the middle of nowhere and the road is hardly used. I feel so stupid letting him have the run of our land. What a waste we had just started to get to know him.

We are heart broken.

Real shame. I had a heart stopping moment with my GWP cross when she was young, had a daft "I want to play" moment and ran away from me whilst walking at heel, across the entrance to a car park. Daft woman pulling in whilst on her phone didn't even see my pup pass inches in front of her. Luckily a better outcome...

I can only echo my father's advice which he would carry out immediately when any of our dogs died when I was young, and which I intend to do when that sad day comes to me. Get a new pup as fast as you can.

Only a dog.... My dad had a similar thing years back, I gave him a pup from one of my litters for looking after them, while he was moving a tractor on the farm it got out on to the road and he saw it run over. weeks later he started to loose his hair, my eldest brother this had only ever happened to him once before,... when his mum passed away..............Only a dog,

Thoughts are with you.