Best torch for lamping

Chezney

If you want a hand held lamp try the Clulite pistol lamp. 1200 lumens, rechargable battery in the handle, lightweight, comes with red filter, mains charger and car charger Cost is £48.00. Run time is up to 3 hours and it throws a good spotlight to around 300 meters. (The Deben Tracer is allegedly the same lamp but is 50% more expensive and does not come supplied with a car charger). I've had the Clulite for several months and am very happy with it. ATB.

If you want a hand held lamp try the Clulite pistol lamp. 1200 lumens, rechargable battery in the handle, lightweight, comes with red filter, mains charger and car charger Cost is £48.00. Run time is up to 3 hours and it throws a good spotlight to around 300 meters. (The Deben Tracer is allegedly the same lamp but is 50% more expensive and does not come supplied with a car charger). I've had the Clulite for several months and am very happy with it. ATB.

i have a clulight , had it for about 8 years ,I plug it into the cigarette lighter ,it's been really good.

Best item for lamping is not a Torch

its

Thermal for spotting

and Night vision for scope either dedicated or add-on

but if you have to use a torch the night master or its cheaper alternatives the T50 or T67

If your not using a torch I dont think it can be classed as lamping :lol:

As mentioned not everybody can justify the cost of thermal. I use a NV scope and a torch and havent had many instances where the lamp has scared the fox off. In essence it is just about using the torch efficiently to spot a quick eye shine and then going over to NV. To be fair to your comments though I would go down the route of thermal if I could afford it.

What are your views on the best torch for lamping. Whether it's just quality, or value for money, I'd like your opinions. I'm looking to get one, and I'd like it to last!

Cheers

hello, a bit for info would help like range/ what rifle/gun using/ what will you be shooting rabbits/foxes? from motor or on foot, how much you want to spend?

T20 for spotting, the beam is I little wider, OK will not puntch as far as the nm800 but for spotting its about the best and weight, size and easy to use.

Dave,aka somebloke, use to have a good range going.

90% of my fox and rabbit shooting is with the t20. Near all shots are taken well under 100 meters so I don't feel the need for much else. I do carry a nm800 but the beam is to focuses and a ball ache to adjust quickly so I keep that in back pocket for when my gun needs more light on a target.

Mate just got night vision personally I dont rate it at all, still need a lamp to search and spot before you can use the nv.

Also think the ir he has on it is carp!

Allot depends on the NV spec. I can without a shadow of doubt and without willi waving ID a Fox at 300yds and its shootable. I don't use a lamp to spot, not done for a couple of years now im totally covert so to speak :) .

But that's not the question asked, ;)

When the LEDs first came out years ago I thought there was no way in this world of pigs pudding would I pay £300 for a torch. I would rather go out with a lead gel battery pack costing about £10 cables hanging round your neck and rifle, or get a mate to lamp for you.

I ended up following the in crowd and getting a NM800 with green, red and yellow pill Oh ! and the IR and X searcher head,probably spent well over £300 on all that. I have also got a couple from ludicrous lumens one green and one IR.

There are some decent torches out there that years ago would not have been seen even in Si Fi movies I remember as a few of the more mature folk on here probably do, and old paper delivery sack with a car battery and a car spot lamp was used for lamping, now look at what's available its fantastic. :good:

For your needs I would go with the Ludicrous and save your pennies, and allot of them at that. If your expecting shots at above 200yds then spend more, you will see far enough with the cheaper but for me if shooting at 200 yds. I need to see what's at 300+ yards and possibly beyond :good:

Edited by Dougy

Thanks for all the comments chaps.

I'll be using it for rabbits and foxes generally out to 150yds, cost isn't prohibitive particularly, but will be after a torch rather than thermal/NV - although I appreciate these may be the best!

Think I'll look at the T50/67 for now, see how that does.

Cheers

I have a night master venom strike which I really like the fully adjustable light out put on.

How ever I wouldnt buy night master again i just dont think they are good value for money and if lost or damaged arent cheap to replace.

So rifle mounted I have a T38 and for hand held spotting i have a T50, the night master is just a backup now.

ATB

Matt

Hand help or scope mounted?

Ludicrous Lumens offer everything you'd want - at a far more reasonable price then NightMaster, without a loss in quality.

+ 1. Had several days of me emailing him asking him about the torches and what would suit me with a NV add on, he is a very helpful chap and gives sound advice as he uses the stuff himself with NV.