Early morning Gym session

Royboy

I've not been to the gym for a couple of years and could do with getting back into it, I was just wondering if any one goes before work ? I start work at 8 so could do with getting there for 6am? I don't really want to go after work because it takes up time I could be doing other things !

I used to go when the gym opened at 6:00. Found it a good way to start the day. I could never find the motivation to go after a day at work. The experts also say that it is a good way of boosting your metabolism for the day ahead.

I think it's down to personal preference... I tend to go at the end of the day.. this gives me time to get home, do 'dad stuff' and eat etc.. then when everything calms down I head out at about 8:30 (gyms pretty empty then).. come home, shower and sleep like the dead!

I do an early morning cleaning job at the local gym and swimming pool. It opens @ 0630 and it's fairly busy. Every January I see the New Year resolutions come in. They're all gone by February.

I get a fairly good workout when I'm swinging my Kentucky mop about.

I don't get too many complaints about singing 'I want to break free' while I'm dressed as a lady with a moustache doing the vacuuming every morning.

I go every other day, at about 8 in the evening.

gym is usually really quiet at that time of day so no waiting to use the equipment.

start with about 20-30 mins of cardio, then on to the weights for about half an hour,

the gym is literally 3 minutes away from my house so I'm usually back at home by 9.15.

have a shower, wind down with a cup of tea and then bed.

I tried going before work, but found I was having to get up at 5.00 to fit everything in as I take the dog out before leaving for work at 7.00am.

Nothing like a hard physical exersise in the mornings before starting work, i used a 1981 Honda XL500 with 50K miles on it and low compression due to a cvombination of warn piston rings and carebond up valves. Kick that thing to life every morning throughout the year and ride 18 miles to work . Then you got it to do again to come home :good: You will be fit as a butchers dog with no gym fees.

Edited by TONY R

Far better still, brief the wife that your Doctor has prescribed more indoor exercise and wake her up at 6am.

Depends how long you've been married, sometimes a gym session could be more interesting, invigorating!

For the OP a good friend of mine is always at the gym early in the morning and he swears by it for feeling great.. I said i will take his word for it!!