flight line help

Wooder

have anew permission on osr, the field is split in two parts with a hedge running half way through middle, at the top there is a footpath shooting in this area is a no no with occasional dog walker traffic. but its just as if the pigeons know i cant shoot the top of the field as they seem to flight into the top of the field all the time, i have tried setting up as close as possible to the flight line but cant seem to draw the birds in, any ideas?

Perhaps you should all grow " Mr Pastry" moustache ???? ?????

I think the eye covers do it! always said a pigeon spots your eyes first!

I would look even more stupid than i do now with a moustache , but if it means i would get close to the numbers you shoot i might just have to try!

• 2 weeks later...

tried the flag approach, worked for the first couple of hours, then the birds started flighting to the osr field over the road. i shot until about 12am,a guy set up in the field opposite when I was leaving he saw more action than I did as I only live 1/2 mile away could hear shots as I was sitting on my patio drinking tea. think i was doing something wrong I used 12 x shell decoys and a magnet, birds seem disinterested, decoys and magnet. changing to dead birds when shot. help

you can shoot from a public footpath but not over .you have too be 50 yrds from if shooting from I put signs out shooting in progress it might help

You can shoot anywhere you like on land you have permission on but you need to be sure of the safety of others who may appear and use common sense so you don't alarm them un-necessarily.