Semi Auto Franchi Affinity or Fabarm XLR5

Andra

Usual hassle getting something in LH mode semi but wondered what would folks go for the Franchi Affinity (2 month wait to get one local £550) or Fabarm XLR5 (one in stock local coming in under £800). Think the warranties periods are the same.

PS I can get the franchi from down south but would need to transfer and of course makes resolving warranty issues a bit complicated if they arise.

Edited by Andra

Hope you have handled both of these guns, if not,,, do it..

Pictures etc, are no good, you need to get the feel of the gun, if you don`t you may well get to hate it and swopping starts then. you really do need to get to grips with what feels right, buy in haste,repent later..

Fit is all important mate, or you will regret it not only from shooting, but the loss you will take on your New Buy..

choose wisely... Best of luck which ever, Love My Franchi,Would not swop it ever..

I'd say Franchi Affinity as its a Benneli with a different name. Reliable and don't need cleaning every time you sneeze never mind squeeze the trigger.

In all honesty both are good guns, I'd look at used lh in Benelli M2 or if gas is your thing look at Browning and Beretta.

i have had both guns, and loved them both . i loved the fabarm . i had the high rib ,with all the adjustable bits to it . a very smart looking gun . the franchi is a lovely good it fell into place the first time i shouldered it . i think it all depends on cost . the fabarm is more money new.

I have no experience of Fabarm but a mate in the syndicate had a Fabarm auto but was never happy with it. I have quite a bit of experience of Franchi guns however, and think they are very very under-rated guns.

I bought a new Fabarm semi auto - the Euro 3 - about 20 years ago.

Never again. Maybe mine was a dud but the exploded diagram that came with it was invaluable when buying replacement components from Viking Arms. I know others were happy with them but it put me off Fabarm for life.

Hope you have handled both of these guns, if not,,, do it..

Pictures etc, are no good, you need to get the feel of the gun, if you don`t you may well get to hate it and swopping starts then. you really do need to get to grips with what feels right, buy in haste,repent later..

Fit is all important mate, or you will regret it not only from shooting, but the loss you will take on your New Buy..

choose wisely... Best of luck which ever, Love My Franchi,Would not swop it ever..

I agree. fit is important. I used Franchi's for years very good guns. good luck,

Thanks for the replies guys. I might go for the franchi it's a long wait for a LH one local, well approx 2 months. Plenty for sale down south but prob not best idea not going local as it would be easier to deal with any issues that may arise.

Thanks for the replies guys. I might go for the franchi it's a long wait for a LH one local, well approx 2 months. Plenty for sale down south but prob not best idea not going local as it would be easier to deal with any issues that may arise.

I wonder why the delay. We recently purchased a LH Franchi Alcove One OU; we just ordered one last week and it came within four days.

I bought a new Fabarm semi auto - the Euro 3 - about 20 years ago.

Never again. Maybe mine was a dud but the exploded diagram that came with it was invaluable when buying replacement components from Viking Arms. I know others were happy with them but it put me off Fabarm for life.

I bought a used Eurolion?

Worse gun I have ever bought, never found a cartridge it was happy with, went to part ex back at the shop I bought it from........

"We don't usually take Fabarms in, they are usually nothing but bother"

After tactfully explaining he never said that when he sold it to me I got a good deal on a Beretta 301.

One thing I will say is that it had the best wood I have ever seen on an auto, and it was real wood, not plastic coated or laser etched like the newer Beretta's

Depending on your budget, Beretta now do a left handed auto

:shaun:

I bought a used Eurolion?

Worse gun I have ever bought, never found a cartridge it was happy with, went to part ex back at the shop I bought it from........

"We don't usually take Fabarms in, they are usually nothing but bother"

After tactfully explaining he never said that when he sold it to me I got a good deal on a Beretta 301.

One thing I will say is that it had the best wood I have ever seen on an auto, and it was real wood, not plastic coated or laser etched like the newer Beretta's

Depending on your budget, Beretta now do a left handed auto

:shaun:

I'm not alone then! The wood on mine was poor too... it looked nice but a large chunk just dropped out one morning on a duck flight - it think it must have been a knot just where the action meets the stock.

I bought mine new and had to virtually give it away.

I wonder why the delay. We recently purchased a LH Franchi Alcove One OU; we just ordered one last week and it came within four days.

Container came in to GMK with lefties on it, all back orders were fulfilled so local suppliers could not get one. Need to wait till next shipment comes in. One other local supplier has the alicone in LH but the affinity in RH I have to say when I shouldered the alicone (I also shouldered the affinity in RH) then a beretta sp1 sporter the alicone was very comfortable it also looks like a very good buy, the wood on it was much nicer than the beretta. I also liked the forend which is a schabel but not too pronounced :good:

Edited by Andra

Container came in to GMK with lefties on it, all back orders were fulfilled so local suppliers could not get one. Need to wait till next shipment comes in. One other local supplier has the alicone in LH but the affinity in RH I have to say when I shouldered the alicone (I also shouldered the affinity in RH) then a beretta sp1 sporter the alicone was very comfortable it also looks like a very good buy, the wood on it was much nicer than the beretta. I also liked the forend which is a schabel but not too pronounced :good:

Thanks for the update. Strangely enough I was showing landowners wife how to mount gun etc and found I could shoot clays no bother at all with her LH cast gun! The Alcione One is a very nice gun to shoot; have now tried both RH and LH versions. :yes:

• 1 month later...

Bought the Affinity for my son to go pigeon shooting with. I/we have been very impressed with it! £540 with a 7 year warranty!

Hi, I'm pleased to read of another impressed Affinity one user, I am looking at sourcing a 26" version myself. I was wondering what loads you have used with the gun, have you tried any 21gram/24gram loads? Thanks

• 1 month later...