Illegal Shotgun Stock?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry thought was place to discuss issues that pertain to shooting and try to avoid misinformation

To stop ill-informed statements being taken as wrote, curtailing our sport buy allowing FEOs, dealers and others to assume what they know the Law is.

I asked this question 5 years plus ago and had to ask my FEO whom passed it to the Force Weapon Examiner & Armourer who also referred issue to the Home office for clarification and got answer

But still issue has people not knowing what is correct hence the comments just trying to help?

Have PM to David BASC re information I was given to help anyone else that may wish to pursue similar aims

I have asked dealer to order parts and been told are illegal but aren’t.

Until all understand and is clear issue will affect us all.

Until we all stand together as shooters we may go the way of the lever-release, MARS, !  

11 minutes ago, Wildrat said:

Sorry thought was place to discuss issues that pertain to shooting and try to avoid misinformation

To stop ill-informed statements being taken as wrote, curtailing our sport buy allowing FEOs, dealers and others to assume what they know the Law is.

I asked this question 5 years plus ago and had to ask my FEO whom passed it to the Force Weapon Examiner & Armourer who also referred issue to the Home office for clarification and got answer

But still issue has people not knowing what is correct hence the comments just trying to help?

Have PM to David BASC re information I was given to help anyone else that may wish to pursue similar aims

I have asked dealer to order parts and been told are illegal but aren’t.

Until all understand and is clear issue will affect us all.

Until we all stand together as shooters we may go the way of the lever-release, MARS, !  

It will only affect those who wish to fit exotic furniture to their weapons!

• 1 month later...

This is what got the authorities all hot and bothered about shotgun lengths and made a 40" minimum when drafting revised legislation post Hungerford

1017872744_895592_01_franchi_spas_12_12ga_top_foldi_6401.jpg.9d42260f7aba4cda9622e55d3f297b69.jpg

A Franchi SPAS (Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun) with folding stock £325 back in the day and available on SGC that looked like a post card with no photo

Edited by English

Slightly off topic but the SPAS 12 .... about the only polite thing I can say about it is, "Interesting".  For the collector or arms student an iconic gun.

Having handled and shot one 'back in the day', I have to say that personally, I think they were heavy, unreliable, uncomfortable to handle, ergonomically badly designed and very uncomfortable to shoot.  That does NOT mean I disapprove of them.  They were just  designed by people who would not have to carry or use one!

The Benelli M3 was a more elegant solution to the pump /semi-auto question.