Lambs shot by thugs

rovercoupe

I shoot round that area , and other fields always tracks from quads across fields caught three last week racing round a couple off fields phoned farmer to tell him all he said was its ****** can't do owt police not interested, found empty cases as well

That sums it up

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

243 mybackside , it would have cut them in two!! looks more like a rimfire to me .

sick either way

I thought a handgun when i first saw the pictures, could a souped up .25 air rifle make wounds like that. ? Looks a bit much i still think handgun. .32 something lowish powered.

I'd also doubt it ws a 243, like others have said depends on exit holes but even the noise factor, even a 243 with mod is not the quietest rifle so firing miltiple shots like that would attract attention.

A lot of deer will be poached with a 22lr not always on tickets.

Also surprsed any farmer would take a lamb of that size to vets to be PTS, thought most would of just put it out its misery in the field there and then.

I just wonder if it was someone foolish enough to be shooting at eyes on the lamp. Sounds crazy but I once saw this from a guy who paid the farmer to shoot foxes- farmer thought all his birds had come in to roost till dawn broke! Called the previous guy back in and the new guy got to write a big cheque

The area has several traveller sites... All pure conjecture of course but one possibility

Travelers ain't so dumb as to do such a thing without gain

But they do cop blame for everything in the area

Totally Abhorrent behaviour :no: And if they are correct about caliber, then its a bit of a worry! Local feud with another farm? Seems odd they chose lambs so young they have no value meat wise! And to take so many shots in one evening! One would hope if its a ticket holder, they would approach the police, and hand themselves in!

Martin think there is more chance of seeing pigs fly.... :sad1:

I would say .22lr all day long, one thing that no-one has picked up on is how load a .243 is!!! That many shots would have been heard!!! and any centre fire calibre would have smashed those little guys to bits

On one of my farms the "eastern european" community shot a fully grown cow in the head and "dissmantled" it in the field there and then. The farmer came out in the morning to find the mess, and believe me there was a lot of mess, and to find his huge bull bleeding from 2 tiny pincture wounds in the neck that were found to be .22lr wounds, he took him and the whole heard to slaughter that day and now the 50 or so acres is a rape field.

I would say .22lr all day long, one thing that no-one has picked up on is how load a .243 is!!! That many shots would have been heard!!! and any centre fire calibre would have smashed those little guys to bits

On one of my farms the "eastern european" community shot a fully grown cow in the head and "dissmantled" it in the field there and then. The farmer came out in the morning to find the mess, and believe me there was a lot of mess, and to find his huge bull bleeding from 2 tiny pincture wounds in the neck that were found to be .22lr wounds, he took him and the whole heard to slaughter that day and now the 50 or so acres is a rape field.

There are a lot of Eastern European's who have brought shotguns over from their own country. We know that because they are often in my local gunshop wanting to buy cartridges. Its "more or less" legal because they have paperwork issued in their own country but I'm sure the local FEO is not happy about it.

The man who owns the shop has commented to me if they can drive in and out of the country with shotguns in the boot of their car how hard is it going to be for terrorists to do the same with AK47s?

There are a lot of Eastern European's who have brought shotguns over from their own country. We know that because they are often in my local gunshop wanting to buy cartridges. Its "more or less" legal because they have paperwork issued in their own country but I'm sure the local FEO is not happy about it.

The man who owns the shop has commented to me if they can drive in and out of the country with shotguns in the boot of their car how hard is it going to be for terrorists to do the same with AK47s?

Talking to some "European" drivers quite a while back and they reckoned getting guns, particularly hand guns, in to the country was a doddle. They said guns are washed in solvent (didn't say what) then hidden in the trailers somewhere like under the floor boards over the haslam plate. Apparently (so they say) once washed there's no smell and if guns hidden on substantial piece of steel they don't show up on any xray or other detection device.

Don't know as never tried it, not likely to, but seems feasible.

The Police in our area have been advised of vehicles driving around with people lamping and shooting into fields from the road.

They are either irresponsible FAC holders, or they have unlicensed weapons.

Much like the illegal coursing, I suspect the Police have suspicions as to who they are, but don't seem to treat the matter as a high priority.

Anger management.

Ouch - European immigrants can hold shotguns in this country without a SGC?

Unbelievably, that appears to be true if they have the appropriate paperwork issued by their own country. If you think about it more and more rifle and clay shooter come over here to compete in competitions at Bisley. The gallery rifle events are particularly well supported by the Dutch and Belgians. They don't have British FACs

We go over there to shoot, a lot more than they come here, If you ask your FEO he will give you a European "passport" for your guns.

so yes it appears to be true.

Just seen this on South Yorkshire Police Facebook!!

Surely this isn't anyone with a licences firearm that would be stupid enough to do this!!

APPEAL: Second shooting at Doncaster farm further appeal for information

Police in Doncaster have issued a further appeal for information following a second shooting at a Doncaster farm, where six lambs were killed.

Officers were called this morning (Wednesday 30 March) to Cherry Tree Lodge Farm in Crow Tree Bank, which is near to the farm where a number of lambs were shot and killed last week.

Upon arrival, six lambs were discovered dead and a further six lambs have been left with gunshot wounds and will need to be put down. A further two ewes have been injured. It is believed that they were shot sometime overnight.

Inspector Mark Payling from the Local Policing Team said: This is a sickening and thoughtless act of violence against animals, which has caused outrage amongst the farming community across the region and beyond.

Both incidents have caused distress and outrage not only in our local communities, but across South Yorkshire.

It is simply intolerable and I want to reassure the local community that we are determined to find those responsible.

I understand that people will be concerned and we are exploring a number of lines of enquiry to confirm that these incidents are linked.

We must keep an open mind in this early stage of the investigation and this is where any information that you hold, however small, could prove significant to finding out who did this.

Please, if you saw anything suspicious in the area or have heard anyone discussing this matter locally, get in touch.

Call 101 or email enquiries@southyorks.pnn.police.uk quoting incident number 209 of 30 March 2016. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.