Ferreting

Rob_88

• 1 month later...

Alright lads had a great day in oct 03, 74 rabbits working 4 ferrets in apple plantations. Warrens far to big to cover at once so netted 40 holes at a time and just prayed for a bit of luck which worked ,Only a few escaped but got them with the 20 bore. Farmer was well happy and so was i at selling them to the local zoo at £1.00 a rabbit :P:P poor Mr Rabbit :P

• 4 weeks later...

i,ve had some great days in the last year ,when we do the big buries we net a few holes but it is the longnets that come into their own ,,set zig zaging across the bury

it works a treat the rabbits are not damage and we get £2 a rabbit all skined out,

and there is nothing like wacthing a rabbit hit the net do 20 miles an hour in broad day light best cacth in one day was 93 in the winter of 98

my best day was just after xmas me and a friend had 22 rabbits with nets and 2 ferrets and we was only ferreting from about 10am till 3/4 pm even then we still lost afew as we did not have a many nets as we needed on one set we used all 50/60 nets and still needed more

Best day this past season. On my own, about 9 miles out of town, on a moped. Had to carry ferret box, bag of nets, spade and long net. As well as 7 rabbits. Just using nets and two ferrets. No digs.

Another good day, was with my mate near the same bit. Two ferrets, nets. Got 9 rabbits, no digs.

I dont think 9 rabbits is bad, any more than 9, what do ya do with them? Ya can only eat so many.