Dog friendly, kid friendly things to do Norfolk/Suffolk?

Mentalmac

Hi All,

Being Easter weekend and having tomorrow off, I was thinking to take the kids and dog out somewhere for the day, perhaps in Norfolk or Suffolk - anyone know of anything that the kids (2 and 4 and 12) will enjoy that I can take a dog with me for?

Any ideas very welcome :-)

Norwich Airport aircraft museum.

Warbleswick and walk the Blyth Estuary.

Flixton aircraft museum.

Caistor, south of Norwich, roman site.

Grimes Graves. (Stone age).

Hokum beach for the biggest piece of sand outside the Sahara.

Sandringham.

Orford and go across to the Ness. (Military site and bird watching).

RSPB reserve at Minsmere then go to Dunwich to visit the museum of the sunken village.

Etc, etc, etc.

Hi Chris ...... Take them to Sheringham to look at the steam railway engines , then for a bit of exercise for the dog and kids walk to Beeston Regis ( a mile away ) and walk to the top of the hill there , locally known as the bump .

Or go to Cromer for a bit of crabbing on the pier and finish up having fish and chips at Mary Janes just near by , better still , make a full day of it and do both .

Enjoy it where ever you go . John

Another vote for wells next the sea, crabbing on the harbour wall (whilst dreaming of a sky full of pinkfoot!) then walk down the road to the left to the beach, build some sand castles and play on the huge sand heaps, if their still there and let the dog have a good charge about!

Crabbing is fun. I have had many a row with the Mrs over the purpose. She keeps on saying "what's the point". To which the only answer is "to catch crabs" and then she says "why?" It's a man thing I think. Women don't get it.