Which smart phone?

Salop Matt

Considering the 5S is being discontinued I wouldn't take advise on here and get one.

They're basically stopping selling the 5S but introducing the "new" iPhone SE, the the 5S but with a bit of an update and being launched as "new" and a cheaper version of the new 6S. Cheeky I think probably just got a loads of child workers abroad rubbing off the number 5 on the boxes and stamping SE on em!

I have an iPhone 6S at the moment (was a gift bought for me) although it is good.

Before I had a Motorola Moto G (there's a new model out soon) and they're good phones and pretty cheap.

Ignore all of the advice so far, just sort your iPhone 5 out and find out why it's running slowing. Optimise the OS by switching off functions that you don't need and resetting the network connections. There's plenty of advice on the interweb about how to optimise IOS, so save yourself some cash by keeping your old phone and getting a Sim only deal.

Don't be sucker and get locked into an endless cycle of wanting to upgrade your devices every 18 months like ''The Man' wants you to do. I'm still rockin' an IPhone 3GS which is fine just fine for what I need it for.

Ignore all of the advice so far, just sort your iPhone 5 out and find out why it's running slowing. Optimise the OS by switching off functions that you don't need and resetting the network connections. There's plenty of advice on the interweb about how to optimise IOS, so save yourself some cash by keeping your old phone and getting a Sim only deal.

Don't be sucker and get locked into an endless cycle of wanting to upgrade your devices every 18 months like ''The Man' wants you to do. I'm still rockin' an IPhone 3GS which is fine just fine for what I need it for.

This ^^^^

:good:

You guys are missing a trick if you don't look at the chinese phones. Everyone always says get an iwhatever or a samsung.

I recently took a punt on a Huawei ascend G7, it cost me £135 and as far as I can see will do the same as any of the latest phones. There are so many brands to choose from, why anyone pays up to 6-700 for a phone these days is mental.

This is a thread on av forums that might help you look beyond iphone and samsung and £50 a month contracts.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/for-those-of-you-who-have-bought-a-chinese-branded-smartphone-would-you-buy-again.1917962/

Er if you are looking at an Iphone you are looking at a Chinese phone....

The Gadget show done a section on affordable smart phones and I was pleasantly surprised at just how good they are and how little they cost.

When looking at what I use my phone for most browsing the net making calls and texting, e mails and photos. All the cheap smart phones do this. In future I will be having a good look at these.

Nee contract phones for me use a iphone4s and it is superb can't fault it and I bought it 2nd hand....I pay £7 per month to asda (ee) and you buy bundles with your 7 pound top up and get 400 mins unlimited txts and a gig of net and that's all I need,so it cost me £7 no more and you can top up as much as you want and get better deals if you use your fone alot which cost nowt compared to contracts were your tied to it.....50p for a sim at asda and you can keep your existing number!! Job done!!

I've had iphones from 1 to 4.

Have since had Samsung Galaxys. Have just upgraded to S7 edge amazing phone. Definitely a Samsung man now. Will never go back to Apple.

Funny enough I have 2 mint s5 for sale... PM me if interested.

+1 except I've had up to the iPhone 6. Samsung S7 edge is fantastic.

Nee contract phones for me use a iphone4s and it is superb can't fault it and I bought it 2nd hand....I pay £7 per month to asda (ee) and you buy bundles with your 7 pound top up and get 400 mins unlimited txts and a gig of net and that's all I need,so it cost me £7 no more and you can top up as much as you want and get better deals if you use your fone alot which cost nowt compared to contracts were your tied to it.....50p for a sim at asda and you can keep your existing number!! Job done!!

Same as me then, £7 a month, the wife seems to be arc welded to hers and gets through a load of data, so she is on the £15 per month...

Same as me then, £7 a month, the wife seems to be arc welded to hers and gets through a load of data, so she is on the £15 per month...

I'm even more tight, sorry, careful than that. I don't make a lot of calls, I have the BT app that means I can make calls over free wifi and charge them to my home landline account. So I top up £10 every 3 months to cover SMS costs and £20 every 6 months for "unlimited" data. All on EE. For this I use a second hand iPhone 5 that I bought for £100.

As has been mentioned by a couple of people, the new iPhone SE which was announced on Monday is the best iPhone upgrade to suit your needs. It's got the same form factor as the smaller iPhones.

It's got all the power and tech as the newest iPhone 6S and comes with all the features, such as TouchID and contactless.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-se/

I've always had iPhones since they came out. They are brilliant handsets that are great at everything apart from being a phone. They are terrible phones! The sound quality is poor, the signal strength is very poor in areas where other phones on the same network are good. The calls just drop out for no reason. I won't be buying another one when my contract is up.

+1 - recently changed to a Sony Xperia Z5 - waterproof and dustproof and it makes phone calls!