.17 hmr 452 CZ varmint change to ???

alendil

Hello everyone.
long time since I was here last time.
So I have hmr in varmint 452 cz love it but
its heavy as ****. Mod and bipod on top.
when I am shooting over moorland for 3 days with rucksac at about 28 kg my gun its heavy.
so I was thinking about swaping it for browning tbolt synthetic.
nice and light but is it as acurate as cz 452.
perhaps something else. ???
any help will be nice.

P.S Is there any one arround Darlington, Leyburn, York with tbolt .17hmr I can try in the field plz.

Don,t know the weight of either but I have CZ452 16" varmint and I agree it is heavy. Mate has a cz452 synthetic and is very light, could carry it all day no problem.I prefer the cz to the tbolt though as I have used both.You however may prefer the Tbolt straight pull action.

I have never bought a varmint or heavy barrelled rifle in my life.

Now you know why:-).

Dump the bipod and mod, use you back pack for a rifle rest if you want.

thats what I did

sac mod is no problem.

but after 2 days on the move its a big lump to drag about.

I will call edgar brothers on tue. To get some weight specs.

perhaps just change stock to synthetic.

I have to say I do prefere heavier trigger than light one.

on my .22 hornet cz 527 american. I have match triger.

the one you push forward and then its like a fether light.

About 140 shots on this seating and still dont like it and cant get good grouping with it where standard trigger is fine.

All is heavy woodstock and varmint barrel.

Tbolt straight pull - people and tests say that accuracy is far off from cz levels.

so I thing way forward is cz 452 455 in american synthetic.

Hi

Some figures here for you that may help

CZ 452 16" American synthetic with 3-9x50 scope: 7lb 1oz

SAK mod: 6oz

Harris 6" - 9" ultralight bi-pod: 11 oz

If i remember right, the Browning t bolt synthetic did feel lighter when I tried it, but reviews from others on trigger and accuracy steered me towards the CZ and I love it.

ATB

S.G.

Edited by sky gipsy

Hi, new member, first post.

To the OP..... don't do it!

I'm in a similar boat, in that I have a cz455 thumbhole in 17hmr and I had (til last Thursday) a T bolt synthetic in .22lr,

I had the 22 first and thought it was ok, the action is nice, but it is so light and dainty, far too light IMO, for a 6ft burly farmer anyway, I couldn't hold the thing steady for love nor money!

Then the cz 17 came up for sale from a friend of a friend, I probably wouldn't have gone the extra ££ if buying new from a RFD for a thumbhole stock and heavyweight barrel, but I love it, the only time the weight has been a issue has been lamping, trying to carry round sticks and gun kitted out with lamp.

The cz handles and shoulders so nicely compared to the T bolt and the safety works in the opposite way which was really the final nail for the T bolt.

So its gone back to be replaced with a cz452 synthetic when the variation is done.

If the op is set on a T Bolt, look at the wood stock sporter or the varimant heavy barrel, which isn't actually too heavy either.

Got a tbolt varmint wooden stock in hmr not as heavy as the savage thumbhole i had,as for the trigger personally don,t find it to bad ,shoot it just as accurately as the savage i had ,only inconsistency i have is with the ammo.

I got the same, I love it and not heavy at all with mod, bipod, light and NV kit on top.

Trigger is fine and is a simple fix which I may do in the future, I notice the pull more when on paper than live.

Nicest one I've shot was my old Savage BTVSS HMR. Light enough, nice action, good barrel and accurate. The Accutrigger is about the best of any of the current crop of HMRs and worth buying one for that alone. All I had to do to improve it (besides replacing it with a .223) was increase barrel float (afternoon with some sandpaper and an old broom handle!).

Ok thank you everyone for input

yet another question.

whats the difference between cz 455 synthetic silhouette and american .

Very little... Google "difference between CZ455 synthetic and silhouette".

One has a 16" barrel which mod. ready, along with other minor (almost un-noticable) changes.

I have a CZ452 with a 16" heavy varmint barrel. Yes it is heavy to carry around in the field. (My Magtech 7002 .22 semi auto is half the weight and a pleasure to carry). Do what I did and fit a sling, it spreads the load. What I like about the CZ 452 .17 is that for long range prone shots (Why else buy one?) it is such a stable gun platform with a Harris bi-pod. Right hand on the trigger and left hand supporting the butt, it does not move, when the trigger is squeezed. On windless days, shots out to 150 yards are guaranteed rabbit kills. I have a Rimfire Magic trigger kit on mine.

I have a CZ452 with a 16" heavy varmint barrel. Yes it is heavy to carry around in the field. (My Magtech 7002 .22 semi auto is half the weight and a pleasure to carry). Do what I did and fit a sling, it spreads the load. What I like about the CZ 452 .17 is that for long range prone shots (Why else buy one?) it is such a stable gun platform with a Harris bi-pod. Right hand on the trigger and left hand supporting the butt, it does not move, when the trigger is squeezed. On windless days, shots out to 150 yards are guaranteed rabbit kills. I have a Rimfire Magic trigger kit on mine.

+1 for a sling!!

I used to have a couple hundred acres of prime arable ground I walked every week... CZ452 Varmint 20" barrel with the largest Harris bi-pod and the ASE UTRA mod. screwed onto the front... HEAVY!! It was no bother with a sling.

So.

I did have long much about and

did try :

Tbolt straight pull-good looking gun, bolt like bolt dont mind which type I use. Light but its not as accurate as mine 452 varmint.

452 varmint (my gun) accurate 100% heavy . Did try no bipod and do have sling still masive log.

455 16inch synthetic. Nice ,light as accurate as my old 452 , and I thing its much better finish on machining etc. Ordered and waiting.