Attaching hide poles to hide net

Ewan

All my nets have had a 4" Approx backing mesh which I feed 'in-out' down the poles. This keeps the net taut and if you should poke the barrels through it, it makes it easier to extract them. If in a hedge, I put one pole about a foot from the hedge and snag the net onto it and the other end about 2 feet out and do the same this being my 'door'. If shooting a cross wind, the door is upwind.

A don't think you guys get what I mean if u have 4 hide poles and nets there's no way of attaching them to each other I have seen plastic clips used like clothes pegs but bigger a just wanted to know what others use and see what's best

A don't think you guys get what I mean if u have 4 hide poles and nets there's no way of attaching them to each other I have seen plastic clips used like clothes pegs but bigger a just wanted to know what others use and see what's best

Take it that your net has no backing mesh as described. Having fed the mesh down the poles, the top is then just hooked on to whatever type of hook the pole has. If the poles are telescopic, it's easier to start off with them collapsed and erect to the required height when done. This way there's no extra fiddly bits to either forget or lose.

I use the clips you`ve just described.

As below.

Edited by Danger-Mouse

4 tent pegs with para cord, to anchor hide poles in a wind. 6 wire tent pegs to anchor bottom of net to ground. 2 packets of green plastic circular clips from Poundland gardening section (forgotten how much ?). The circular clips fix net to hide poles, the net hooks over fixed hooks on top of poles. 1 3 mtr. section of plastic overflow, cut in half with push on coupling to rejoin. 2 extending fishing bank sticks with 22mm pipe clips fixed to tops. Thread overflow through roof net and then clip onto poles, drape net over hide and fasten at rear. Hide poles and overflow all painted with blackboard, sorry, chalkboard paint.

P.S. Oh, and sit still !

Edited by Westley

I have small zip ties all along the top edge of my net every 4" apart.

I hook these in the G fitting on the top of the poles.

If I need to tighten the top edge I just pull the next tie into the G.

I use the clips as above to secure the net to the poles lower down.

I carry about 12 ( various sizes ). Also I carry guide ropes in a wind if needed.

• 4 weeks later...