Need a good air rifle guys what's new

Browning725:)

Depends on your budget.

Steyr Hunting 5 top end gun.

FX Bobcat, Daystate Pulsar or Air Arms Galahad for a Bullpup

Daystate Air ranger,BSA R10 mk2 for lots of shots

Air Arms Ultimate Sporter have dropped down in price so good value for money.

I'd handle as many as I could as some just don't feel or fit right to me.

the air arms s510 ultimate sporter imo is for the price the best rifle out there, accuracy wise I,ve used nothing as good except for the daystate airwolf mct and the daystate air ranger but to 50yrds the sporter is superb

nothing like the s410 but basically the same as the s510, the one great thing about it is it has a fully adjustable stock,so will fit any size , comes with 2 x mags and the latest silencer which is quieter than the one on my hw100kt, for the money I cant fault it and I,ve been using jsb heavies 4.52,s and its accuracy straight out of the box is top class,

I tested it to the extreme at Atherton last Thursday and I was astonished with just how accurate it was out to 60yrds, I,ve been that impressed I,m debating weather to sit it in a custom built FT stock by gary cane. although its not as tight as the EV2 mk4 with a few adjustments I,m sure it will perform to a very high standard in HFT/FT ,

I gave hoggy 10 mins with it and he was speechless

for just over £800 its probably one of the most accurate air rifles I,ve ever used, its certainly better quality than the HW100kt and also consistently more accurate, the whole rifle is finished to a far higher standard than the HW and the sidelever action makes the HW one feel like it came out of a lucky bag,, a truelly awesome out of the box bit of kit

To be honest guys the budget isn't the issue I am just looking for something to out perform my old daystate air wolf mtc at distance so I guess what I'm asking is what still hits hard accurately at 50-60 yds

To be honest your asking for more than what a 12ft/lb air rifle is used for. Yes kills can be taken at that range as the pellet holds enough power but you've got to know your rifles capabilities down to a tee and the chances of wounding is great. I personally wouldn't recommend shooting Quarry at that distance and would advise you to get an FAC air rifle or 22lr. Legal limit air rifles all shoot the same distance and none shoot further than others, it's pellet choice that figures in that but still doesn't have much of an affect at the distances you mention.

Edited by winnie&bezza

To be honest your asking for more than what a 12ft/lb air rifle is used for. Yes kills can be taken at that range as the pellet holds enough power but you've got to know your rifles capabilities down to a tee and the chances of wounding is great. I personally wouldn't recommend shooting Quarry at that distance and would advise you to get an FAC air rifle or 22lr.

+ 1

Save hundreds and buy pellets and practise then :-)

Everyman that shoots a rifle needs trigger time. Money won't but that!

That is a bigger fact over any mechanism fact!

What happens when we start missing with a very expensive rifle, what next then !

the good news is we don't miss with the pcp,s unlike yourself with your springer as you openly admitted on this forum,

some of us live for todays technology and not in the past, The HW80 is a superb rifle but it wont live with the accuracy of todays effortless pcp,s that's for sure, just have a look at the world Field Target results and you will see that springers CANNOT keep up with pcp,s and those springers are shot by some of the best guys in the world not by someone whom thinks he is

the good news is we don't miss with the pcp,s unlike yourself with your springer as you openly admitted on this forum,

some of us live for todays technology and not in the past, The HW80 is a superb rifle but it wont live with the accuracy of todays effortless pcp,s that's for sure, just have a look at the world Field Target results and you will see that springers CANNOT keep up with pcp,s and those springers are shot by some of the best guys in the world not by someone whom thinks he is

Lol, you are so subtle Mr evo, like dogs dodo glossed in silver gloss paint.

If I thought I was a top shot why would I of admitted my missed shots?

Are you prepared the sware an oath that you never miss with your rifles?

You like to question my ability's, are you going to answer a single question of mine today or just continue to ride on overinflated ego all day?

Save hundreds and buy pellets and practise then :-)

Everyman that shoots a rifle needs trigger time. Money won't but that!

That is a bigger fact over any mechanism fact!

What happens when we start missing with a very expensive rifle, what next then !

I have shot air rifles for over 50 years - you name it and I have had it. All the way from BSA Meteors to Weihrauch 35/FW Sport/Originals etc., etc. My last was a Weihrauch 77k, which for a springer was pretty good. I keep game records for every year, and my best with a springer was 373 rabbits - my beloved 177 FW Sport.

The pneumatic revolution changed everything, which for me was the Sharp Innova, then Benjamins and Sheridans etc.

We all like to sit in the chair and ruminate over times past, but you cannot ignore the advantages that new technologies bring. I would agree that time spent on the range cannot be replaced (still do it every week) but pcp's are more accurate, and forgiving regarding gun hold etc.

I currently have a HW 100k, and pretty good it is too, apart from the weight, and relatively poor trigger. Hoping to replace this with an Air Arms 510 sometime, once I have tried one.

I still love the feel and mystic of old guns (I have 5,7,10 and 12 bore percussion shotties), but I would never say that they were as accurate as their modern counterparts.

I have shot air rifles for over 50 years - you name it and I have had it. All the way from BSA Meteors to Weihrauch 35/FW Sport/Originals etc., etc. My last was a Weihrauch 77k, which for a springer was pretty good. I keep game records for every year, and my best with a springer was 373 rabbits - my beloved 177 FW Sport.

The pneumatic revolution changed everything, which for me was the Sharp Innova, then Benjamins and Sheridans etc.

We all like to sit in the chair and ruminate over times past, but you cannot ignore the advantages that new technologies bring. I would agree that time spent on the range cannot be replaced (still do it every week) but pcp's are more accurate, and forgiving regarding gun hold etc.

I currently have a HW 100k, and pretty good it is too, apart from the weight, and relatively poor trigger. Hoping to replace this with an Air Arms 510 sometime, once I have tried one.

I still love the feel and mystic of old guns (I have 5,7,10 and 12 bore percussion shotties), but I would never say that they were as accurate as their modern counterparts.

Good points :-)

you certainly wont be dissapointed