Help Required - Poor screen image on diy NV

Roly

The screen image on my DIY set up doesn't seem to have the clarity that I have seen on other DIY set ups such as vids posted on here and youtube.

Any pointers from those that have pioneered the DIY builds on here?

It tends to be really poor in the higher mag range say from about 6 upwards

Camera is EJ230 through a non AO 3-9 x 50 scope and 4" screen.

Illumination T20 with IR from ludicrous lumens.

Would a scope with AO improve this at all.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

100% agree with Mick Miller and when you go higher on your mag with a parallax scope if you are wanting your Nv for long rangers you could find you need a stronger Ir sorce more mag makes it harder for the Ir light to pass through the scope

I would say, 100%, without parallax adjustment you are severely limiting your units ability and clarity.

Easiest way to find out is try it on someone else's scope with PA and see if the picture improves.

Those 4.3" monitors won't be doing you any favours. I was ok about them until I saw the difference that 5" 800x480 resolution makes. Does the T20 have the new AS LED in it?

Thanks Dave, Looks like I need to upgrade screen. Not too sure about the AS LED they are advertised currently with the new AS LED but I got mine last year???

I would say, 100%, without parallax adjustment you are severely limiting your units ability and clarity.

Easiest way to find out is try it on someone else's scope with PA and see if the picture improves.

Thanks for the advice Mick, will have to try my rig as suggested.

camera resolution. Focal length of scope and focus. In my case wearing reading glasses makes a huge difference :)

Ah, Yes I also wear glasses but not so sure this is the clarity issue.

Thanks for everyone's help & suggestions. Looks like I need to play around a bit more!

Thanks Guys

I am happy to use low mag on the scope in any case 4 or 6 is good for me to 50m I dont need to see details? The monitor size makes very little difference to the size of the image. For me the difference with the nv is the accuracy as a different shooting position can be adopted particularly if you have a tilt up screen. This allows you to rest the rifle on your lap or hold it with your arms down.