price of clays going up?

nnorman32

Hello.

I usually shoot at Park Lodge near Goole,

As a member I pay 22p a clay rather than 30p for non members but I have heard this is going up in April, (25p/31p) - no big deal, but my question is how much does anyone pay in other grounds in North Yorkshire, The only other place I have been to is Monckton where you pay per cartridge but I hear good things about Thimbleby/ Hazel bank too.

Cheers

N.

Hello.

As a member I pay 22p a clay rather than 30p for non members but I have heard this is going up in April, (25p/31p) - no big deal, but my question is how much does anyone pay in other grounds in North Yorkshire, The only other place I have been to is Monckton where you pay per cartridge but I hear good things about Thimbleby/ Hazel bank too.

Cheers

N.

Park lodge are mega expensive, but they do have nice facilities so you have to pay a premium.

Up here Bywell and Steve Smiths have both increased charges,

Bywell up from £6 to £6.50 per 25 clays

Don't know what Steve Smiths has increased to as I don't shoot there,

Also be aware that anyone that employs groundstaff on minimum wages, their pay goes up by 50p per hour from April,

We haven't increased our prices for a while but the price of clays has been steadily increasing so it's something we may have to look into.

Our club charges members £6 per 50, and non members £9

:shaun:

12p per clay at your club Shaun, that's very cheap.

It's worked for us over the years Will.

Annual subs pays the rent,

We sell cartridges at cost plus fuel and a couple of pounds, (All 250 boxes sold at 1000 rate)

Food and drink pays for itself

Clays are our biggest cost,

We have slowly replaced 95% of our traps with Auto's

It's good housekeeping really, we wouldn't be able to keep going if we charged 24/26p per clay, nobody would come

Nnorman32

Don't mean to hijack your thread,BUT 4 of us went to Park Lodge this week end and what a disappointment .No bird after no bird and loads of stands closed,they have two good high towers and hardly a trap in sight.

Now we are not regular clay shooters but what stands were open were the same as our last visit in Sept,surely things need updating.

They invested serious dough in the new club (which has a bar that doesn't seem to open), but the clay ground needs to be the main attraction.

I doubt we will return for a while.

Fielddweller

Edited by fielddweller

Nnorman32

Don't mean to hijack your thread,BUT 4 of us went to Park Lodge this week end and what a disappointment .No bird after no bird and loads of stands closed,they have two good high towers and hardly a trap in sight.

Now we are not regular clay shooters but what stands were open were the same as our last visit in Sept,surely things need updating.

They invested serious dough in the new club (which has a bar that doesn't seem to open), but the clay ground needs to be the main attraction.

I doubt we will return for a while.

Fielddweller

Sorry to say i have to agree with you ,the last time we went to Park Lodge was much the same as your own experience ,numerous traps not working way too many no birds ,marker boards missing .

Considering the cost of clays at this ground i really think someone needs to get their act together down there.

Hello.

Cheers

N.

How much do they charge for pickups?

Sorry to say i have to agree with you ,the last time we went to Park Lodge was much the same as your own experience ,numerous traps not working way too many no birds ,marker boards missing .

Considering the cost of clays at this ground i really think someone needs to get their act together down there.

You are quite right, I tend to go mid week, shoot early, break for a coffee and circle round again often finding the driven partridge and teal are empty by lunch time, have seen a lot of shooters complain.Often wondered when the bar was open.....

Hi Mick,

We are a small club in Northumberland,

Widdrington Gun Club,

We have a Facebook page which gives all the details,

Where are you from?

I'm in Leeds but I'm up in Northumberland on holiday late July early August and always on the lookout for new places to shoot. I'll look you up.

Cheers,

Mick

Edit: Just looked you up. I'll get there at some point during my holiday and spend a small amount of money to be shown up by the locals :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by malmick

I'm in Leeds but I'm up in Northumberland on holiday late July early August and always on the lookout for new places to shoot. I'll look you up.

Cheers,

Mick

Edit: Just looked you up. I'll get there at some point during my holiday and spend a small amount of money to be shown up by the locals :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are open every Sunday, and every other Wednesday evening in the Summer, which it will be by then lol