Decoys

I have got a dozen shells for when a lot of walking is involved and to keep the weight down to a minimum ,

When I shot Friday I put the magnet in the tramlines and rested the shells on top of the rape, which on that field is over two feet high , Pigeons came in nicely and I don't think I would have done much better if I had taken full body decoys on long cradles , finished up with 33 and for someone who also suffer from a ropey back is about as many as I can carry back in one go .

I have a mixture of decoys. I have a dozen flocked shells which are easy to transport and give a little movement to the pattern. I also have half a dozen FUDS, which again are easy to transport but are not easy to get into hard ground. I also have 10 full bodied decoys covered in "ringers" socks which I can either place on cradles to loft them from crop or the ground, or I can loft them into trees.

Depends on where I'm shooting what I use & which ones I take onto the field

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried FUDS for the first time yesterday, and to be honest , I found the white markings a bit dull on them .

Very few birds were coming in , so I placed a few full bodied deeks into the pattern.

Now, that started the ball rolling , bagging 12 in the hour I had before work .

Quite impressed with the FUDS, but they could be a bit 'brighter', imho .