Electric Collar

I've borrowed an electric collar of a mate to see if it helps with training my 15 month old springer

Wasnt sure wether to use it at first because of various reports etc etc, but decided to give it a go tonight.

i've got to say it was absolutely FANTASTIC :good:

the dog ran off as usual and ignored my stop whistle (as usual)

the next time i sent her out and blew the whistle she carried on running so i gave her a quick zap and that was it, she stopped.

she was as good as gold for the next hour, only had to zap her once more for not stopping when chasing a swallow!!

so i'm gonna try a lot more training this week whilst i've got the collar (i was still praising her when she did as she was told)

lets hope a week of wearing a collar helps me and her out B)

cruel person

i would like to put the collar on your _----!!!

spend time with your dog and train it

how would you like it if i put an eletric collar on you and zapped you every time you did somthing that i didnt like you doing

:good: B)

many people use these but wouldnt have one on my dogs never

do unto your dogs as you would like done to your self

kirky

As i said before (if you read my post properly) i wasnt sure about using it, but after many hours of training and not getting very far and advise of fellow shooters(with well trained dogs) i decided to use it with very good results, i only had it on a low setting and she responsded very well

would you prefer if i just keep her on a lead forever or let her run wild and perhaps get ran over if she runs through a hedge and onto the road???

:lol: Well done mate at leased you are getting her attention now she needed something head strong little dugger :good: B)

Exactly right Winchester :D

I'm not using an electric collar for fun of it Kirky, it is classed as a training aid the same as a dummy or whistle is

:lol: Well done mate at leased you are getting her attention now she needed something head strong little dugger :good: B)

Exactly right Winchester :D

I'm not using an electric collar for fun of it Kirky, it is classed as a training aid the same as a dummy or whistle is

Or the choke chain, but no doubt that's not PC these days either

" I'm not using an electric collar for fun of it "

No your using it to make up for your own failings and your impatience !

Of course theres an improvment ..wouldn,t you stop if you were given an electric shock..

Sorry but can,t agree with there use..

Are you telling me there were no obedient dogs before these collars were introduced?

GH

Are you telling me there were no obedient dogs before these collars were introduced?

GH

Sorry i cant quite see where i said that???

What i'm actually doing is training my dog with a training aid that is sold worldwide and recognised worldwide as a useful training aid

What it appears you and Kirky are saying is that you have never even raised your voice to your dogs because you are perfect gundogs trainers with perfect gundogs and obviously have a lot more time on your hands than i do

As far as i'm concerned any APPROVED training aid is a bonus

each to there own , if you use them right then no probs ..

i used one and it worked wonders on my stafff . It was mad wouldnt do any commands !!! And this is not only dangerous for the dog but also the public .. so i got hold of a collar zapped her about 4 times and now shes like a different dog :good:

my mate also tried it on him . And he could only last up to level 5 and that hurt him like mad so the dog only had it on 3 ....

its up to you mate my post was and is my view of theses collars and thats fine, mibby you should put them

your kids when they are bad as well oh you cant do that it would be inhumane!!

kirky

Good idea , There worse than the dog B)

:D:lol::lol: nice to see you having a laugh and keeping it real mate nice one

cheers kirky :good:

he you use them right then no probs ..

Exactly, its not like i'm using every 2 minutes, its when and IF required

Anyway

No further Comment your honour

I'm going to bed!!! :good: B)

we will resume at a later date

You may stand down for tonight!!!!! :D

but would like to rap an eletric collar round your third leg and see how you like it :good: B) :D:lol:

kirky :lol:

Its not that bad, tried it earlier on a setting higher than i use on the dog

missus is in for a good night now though :lol:

thats shocking pun intended

kirky

All you people who are saying they are bad, have you ever tried them? Do you have any idea how powerful they are or are you just imagining the dog convulsing on the floor?

I used one on my springer. When I tried it on myself it felt tingly, not painful, but a bit like licking a 9 volt battery but on my hand. All it does is give the dog an impulse to distract it from what ever its doing and remind it is is being called.

Sure I guess you can get more powerful ones, but that doesn't make them evil! Guns can kill people but we are trusted to use them responsibly, I think the least we can do is extend our fellow dog owners on the board the same courtesy that they will use their training aids responsibly!

Oh dear, here we go again

Yawn...

and :D?

cant i have my say?:lol:

kirky

You just did, didn't you?

All those who are comparing dogs to themselves 'try it on yourself etc etc'

Do you **** in the garden /lick your nuts all day long / and eat pedigree chum and mixer??

I am just curious :good: B)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: @ SP

Collars ARE a excellent training aid when used properly and yes, the first first thing shocked was my neck on level 9, hardly felt a thing ;)

I had NTTF's guidance when I needed it an I am well pleased with the results. I now have a lab that doesn't automatically **** every bitch within sight.

No doubt the best trainers on pigeon watch could have stopped him with kind words and praise and are wasted here when they could be making ££££'s sorting owners dogs out.

It's about time they put us mortals to shame :yes:

LB