Essex masters

bostonmick

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and three mates are shooting it Thursday 11.15 then second course on afternoon. Looking forward to it, always some great targets and great banter with mates.

Can't make Blackpool for the NOE Selection shoot got a family Christening to attend, best of luck to any who go :good:

Shaun are you all shooting at 11 on Thursday aswell as on Wednesday? If so we may be following you dependant on which course.

Anyone know if a squad list is up for this and a link if there is. I've had a look on the Facebook page only thing I saw was a post by Sian getting excited :lol:

Edited by figgy

I had a game of 2 days last year, shocking on the 1st day and alot better on the second day, As said great course layout and a great few days away with the northern monkeys.

Phil should have a better time as i believe he isnt taking his trap gun :whistling::whistling:

Cat last year I started off on fire and was a head of my mates who are all better shots than myself. Untill the wheels fell off when the hangover kicked in. Some stands I shot well that were hard and what looked easy I made a real mess of. Never built a good score but really enjoyed the course even got beat with my own bloody gun when a mate got peed off with his own and used mine. Hoping for better this year. Hopefully will catch up with a few of you, straight shooting boys and girls.

The annoying thing is I've shot good scores there when they've hosted the Herts County Championships over 100 birds, (even though the ground is in Essex), but I've never managed to put two decent 100 bird scores together to finish anywhere at the Masters, last year was a case in point, a 159, acutely embarrassing..! :oops:

I know I can't do any worse than that this year..!

I'm still looking forward to it though, as "Hope springs eternal"..? :yes:

Cat.

Cat never jinx yourself with can't do worse.

I shot 50 something on red on morning and 80 something on black afternoon to finish with 141. I hope I do better this year and will be trying to at least get over 160 in total but hope for better.

Cat never jinx yourself with can't do worse.

I shot 50 something on red on morning and 80 something on black afternoon to finish with 141. I hope I do better this year and will be trying to at least get over 160 in total but hope for better.

I was pretty much the same shot low 50's then had a late 70's. I'd be happy with late 70's on both courses this year.

can anyone who shot it last year give an idea of how long getting around the course takes?am thinking of giving a crack but need an idea of how long getting around 2 courses typically takes?Do you expect to queue at each stand?typically how long?Have never entered a big competition but have a slot to slope away toward end of week and fancy trying it?thanks.