How to keep four Children amused for a morning.... more fun than balle

shalfordninja33

post-33543-0-99391300-1459770347_thumb.jpg

We had our annual work day on Saturday, which this year was a bit more involved than usual as we needed to extend one pen and got rid of an old one, as well as replacing a number of rotten posts in a third.

My eldest daughter normally has a ballet class on a Saturday morning, which had been cancelled as the hall was being used for something else, so she tagged along with me. We arrived on the farm and divided the syndicate members into working parties, one of the other guns bought his three boys along and we set them to work helping us take down an old pen and generally tidying up the area surrounding it. This was met with varying levels of enthusiasm until the word fire was mentioned! Following which they proceeded to clear up every combustible item they could get their hands on! Whilst the adults separated wood from wire the kids proceed to drag, lift and throw the wood on a heap, once lit they then cleared up every other piece of dead wood with 100yrds of the and had a right old burn up!

Everything was done by 1pm, old pen gone, new pen built, 4 tired, dirty and hungry kids, smelling like a bonfire. The adults spent as long watch them enjoying themselves as we did building the pen. We had kids party in the afternoon during which she told everyone that would listen she'd been building bonfires with daddy all morning, which was met with some mixed reactions to say the least.

I remember doing the same thing on countless occasions with my uncle when I was younger, it's great doing things with them that kids that don't have access to the countryside in that way can do, she's already asked me when we're going to do it again, long may that continue!