CZ 455 TRIGGER UPGRADE/ MAGIC KIT? or can you buy just the spring?

oldypigeonpopper

hello, as many know the standard trigger on the CZ rifle can be heavy and now having used my 455 quite some time finding a few missed shots due to this heavy pull i am thinking to get the above yet i see vids and references where the whole kit was used and others just changed 1 spring from the 3 supplied? so can you buy springs seperate?, i am sure i can change that but the whole kit sounds very different. (no workshop) so kitchen table and will get a 2mm punch, also i read to be carefull as if not done proper rifle can go off with a bump test. or would it be best to get a gun smith to do? my 455 is the american short barrel synthetic with SAK mod .22 L/R. cheers

hello, as many know the standard trigger on the CZ rifle can be heavy and now having used my 455 quite some time finding a few missed shots due to this heavy pull i am thinking to get the above yet i see vids and references where the whole kit was used and others just changed 1 spring from the 3 supplied? so can you buy springs seperate?, i am sure i can change that but the whole kit sounds very different. (no workshop) so kitchen table and will get a 2mm punch, also i read to be carefull as if not done proper rifle can go off with a bump test. or would it be best to get a gun smith to do? my 455 is the american short barrel synthetic with SAK mod .22 L/R. cheers

hello, thanks to reply steve and landy george

You only need to fit one spring anyway. They supply 4 so that you can decide which one gives you the most suitable trigger weight. You don't usually need to fit any of the supplied shims, although you can if you want to.

A bump test should always be done after working on a trigger, but it isn't hard to do and if you need to fit a stronger spring then it's an easy job. These kits are well worth the money, and will transform the rubbish CZ trigger for very little outlay and a bit of effort.

You can buy a drift/punch, or improvise with an old screwdriver etc. It's always nice to have the proper tools for the job, but not always 100% necessary. ;)

I'm a maintenance fitter of 20 years. I fitted one to my 455. It made the pull lighter, but it was not consistent,polishing the friction points in the trigger assembly helped for consitancy,but it still wasn't great. I target shoot with it,so do a lot of rounds. In the end I took it to a local gunsmith who did a bit more fettling and it is a lot better but still not consistent. Basically I could have,should have bought timmy trigger unit with all the time and money I have spent on it.

It's worth £10, but don't expect it to be like a real trigger.

Let me know how you get on. I am thinking of one for mine.I want to get some use out of it but my air rifle is so much sweeter at the mo.

hello grant, ok will do, decided to get the rimfire magic trigger kit from south yorkshire shooting supplies as i see many good reviews and customer service, i see these have 3 springs and doing some research most used the middle spring, anyway going to phone them tomorrow. thanks for replies

hello grant, ok will do, decided to get the rimfire magic trigger kit from south yorkshire shooting supplies as i see many good reviews and customer service, i see these have 3 springs and doing some research most used the middle spring, anyway going to phone them tomorrow. thanks for replies

hello, 1 magic trigger kit on order today for my CZ 455 £15 plus extra £1 to send RM signed for post. cheers

hello, 1 magic trigger kit on order today for my CZ 455 £15 plus extra £1 to send RM signed for post. cheers

hello, well have received my CZ trigger kit, this morning i proceeded to do and with a borrowed table vice and tools carefully took action from stock and put in vice (rubber clamps) changed the original spring to the middle one from kit as that is what seems many shooters on PW and others have done. checked washer in place and trigger working and seemed better spring wise on pull so back in stock and tested on safe ok, dry fired ok , much smoother. so only thing is a drop test. MY QUESTION IS HOW TO DO THIS BEFORE I GO OFF TO FARM LATER?? cheers if anyone can advice asap.

hello, thanks martyn, i did as you said and it never went off, just hope my photon has not moved reticule but saying that i think worth a zero check

You'll definitely have to rezero it will be miles out...mine was, hope you get it done before bunny bashing or you'll not have much luck ;)

You'll definitely have to rezero it will be miles out...mine was, hope you get it done before bunny bashing or you'll not have much luck ;)

hello, i did try to zero rifle but could not get it proper (photon fitted) so going to re check all the scope/ mount bolts/ clean barrel/ and try again, might be the photon as an eary mk1 and well used, failing that put back the hawke rimmie scope and use my red led T38. cheers

hello, i did try to zero rifle but could not get it proper (photon fitted) so going to re check all the scope/ mount bolts/ clean barrel/ and try again, might be the photon as an eary mk1 and well used, failing that put back the hawke rimmie scope and use my red led T38. cheers

Yea I thought you may struggle a little as when you take the action out you move the barrel off forestock etc so all needs rezeroing....well worth it though, made my shooting so much more fluid with easier pull.....