most cash you've ever held and why...

rabbit_stu

My max is probably only a couple of thousand years ago when buying a car.

If it comes to owing money ........ I have been overdrawn at the bank by almost £1 Million.

So which car you ended up buying? I didn't know there was cars around couple of thousands years ago!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry couldn't resist.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Years ago, I was a manager for a company called F.A.D.S. They refused to pay for a security firm to collect the weeks takings, so I had to take it to the local post office. I often carried between seventeen and twenty thousand pounds a week, in a F.A.D.S. carrier bag.

Another company that I was a manager for, had weekly takings of 20-30 thousand, but I counted that and it was collected by Securicor.

most I have held would be £500k

a friend of mine plays a lot of poker, and will quite often have that kind of money in briefcases and bags

I dropped him to London one weekend and helped him carry some of his things in to his hotel. he didn't tell me until afterwards that the two briefcases that he been in my boot and which I had then carried in contained his betting money.

that wasn't the first time i've played taxi for him either... lol

Not cash... But still vaguely relevant .

Years ago I was called in to a very exclusive, private Bond Street jeweller to give a technical opinion on some photographic work. Unmarked entrance, bullet proof glass, private security, the works.

They had had some shots done for their brochure but were in dispute with the photographer as they didn't think the quality of his work did justice to the pieces.

I pointed out it was difficult to assess if it was within reasonable professional tolerances without actually seeing the items in question.

Arabian chap I was seeing snaps his fingers and one of the stooges dissappears downstairs and returns with several trays of the biggest, chunkiest, most vulgar bracelets, watches and brooches imaginable. Made for the Arab, Japanese & Chinese market they were all dripping with multicolored jewels the size of maltesers. And they had price tags on.

I picked a few bits up to compare to the transparencies and went quiet. Boss man says 'So what do you think?'

I said...... 'I think that right now I've got over a million quid in each hand which is more money than I'll ever see again in my lifetime..... Sorry, what was your question again?'

Edited by Longchalk

Many years ago, bout £250k in used £10's and £20's. I'd just cashed up for a branch of Bhs and it was all bundled and enveloped ready to go to the bank, but i decided to see if i could get it all in my briefcase. It went in easily and i had that James Bond moment of opening the case and spinning it round, just like they do in the movies. Unfortunately, it all went back into the safe until Securicor turned up to take it away :/

1979. The small cargo airline was folding up and we were all under notice at the end of the month.

Got a job to fly 25 tonnes of cargo from Madrid to Geneva.

Just us three crew in an aircraft that could fly 3000 miles at one hop.

Got there to find the cargo was 25 tonnes of silver bullion........

We delivered it......

To Geneva.

Edited by Grandalf

You win!

1979. The small cargo airline was folding up and we were all under notice at the end of the month.

We delivered it......

To Geneva.

We delivered it......

To Geneva.

You have diverted to Panama. I know some people who could have dealt with that for you.

Job jobbed.

Had to county £140,000 in tens and twenty' when a special constable result of a drugs search

How much went missing?

A few years ago I drove round a bloke who was a jewler and I would drive him to the homes of some top football players or film stars in hotels.. We would carry cases full of Rolex watches, top diamond rings, anything they wanted... We used to count the cash into green plain plastic bags... £100s of thousands....

Edited by Archie-fox

£32,000 for me ,(my own cash), it was about 1995 and i was working in the motor trade , id sold a few cars that were all going out on the same day and were all payed for in cash , i was working flat out all day, and as each customer collected their car , i just counted the cash and stuffed it into my pockets , i was stood in the pub at the end of the day wearing scruffy working clothes when my mate noticed one of the rolls in my top pocket , he mentioned that i should be careful and then i realized how much cash i had stuffed in my pockets , i got a taxi home that night instead of staggering home drunk as usual.

these days i rarely get to see more than a couple of hundred quid .

I have had to take money to and from bank for work so probably around £20K but personally £3K which was given to me in a brown bag by my grandad on my wedding day. He was a fruit and veg man so brown bag was appropriate. Oh the other time was when he took us down to the river at home and we were paddling around and he misjudged the depth and stepped in, out of his pocket came 2 wads of notes in elastic bands which proceeded to float away with us kids scrambling after it. We got it back, dried it out - £7K.