Anthony Joshua v Prince Charles.Another British World champ??

sako751sg

Anthony Joshua and "Prince" Charles Martin fighting for the IBF title that was stripped from Tyson Fury.

Seen quite a few folk saying Martin wins this but personally i cant see it unless he lands the big one but that can always happen in the HWs.

Southpaw with decent power but his footwork looks shocking so im going for an AJ KO to give Britain another boxing WC.

Anthony Joshua and "Prince" Charles Martin fighting for the IBF title that was stripped from Tyson Fury.

Seen quite a few folk saying Martin wins this but personally i cant see it unless he lands the big one but that can always happen in the HWs.

Southpaw with decent power but his footwork looks shocking so im going for an AJ KO to give Britain another boxing WC.

I think AJ will do the business inside 5 rounds. But like you say anything can happen.

sako - I well remember Frank Bruno's career. He would step into the ring and commentators would remark on Frank's physique, comparing it favourably with American boxers carrying a pound or two. Sadly, the overweight Americans regularly cheated by hitting Frank, rather than admiring his muscle definition.

Anthony Joshua looks the part and I sincerely hope he pulls it off. Charles Martin can hit - it will be interesting whilst it lasts.

Edited by Gordon R

sako - I well remember Frank Bruno's career. He would step into the ring and commentators would remark on Frank's physique, comparing it favourably with American boxers carrying a pound or two. Sadly, the overweight Americans regularly cheated by hitting Frank, rather than admiring his muscle definition.

Anthony Joshua looks the part and I sincerely hope he pulls it off. Charles Martin can hit - it will be interesting whilst it lasts.

Same here,from the very beginning when old Harry Carpenter used to commentate on all Brunos gigs.

Had one of the best jabs in the game but too muscle bound imo and always used to gas in the second half of his fights and that was his downfall.

AJ hasnt been taken to the trenches yet regarding later rounds so time will tell on that front but as you say heres hoping he does it.

Ill try and watch most but some of the undercard will be pretty dire to be honest although this one is pretty stacked.

All decent gigs from Rose and Macklin to the end imo and be interesting to see Nigel Benns lad fight also.

Also have Manny Paquiao V Timothy Bradley which will be on around 0430 Sunday morning so will catch that and then head oot to try for a buck hopefully.

Charles Martin () v Anthony Joshua () - IBF world heavyweight title (2230)
George Groves () v David Brophy () - Vacant WBA international super-middleweight title (2150)
Conor Benn () v Luke Keleher () - 4x3 super-lightweight (2130)
Lee Selby () v Eric Hunter () - IBF world featherweight title (2045)
Jamie McDonnell () v Fernando Vargas () - WBA world bantamweight title (1945)
Brian Rose () v Matthew Macklin () - Vacant IBF intercontinental middleweight title (1845)
Ohara Davies () v Andy Keates () - Vacant English lightweight title (1805)
Ted Cheeseman v Ian Henry - 4x3 welterweight (1730)​

Edited by sako751sg

Pretty much as expected.

Very good undercard and a new British HW World champion.

Be interesting to see what fights are going to get made now.Fury rematches WK on July 9th and not sure who AJ will fight the same night.

Manny Paquiao also beat Timothy Bradley this morning via decision.