Visit time

Col654

your lucky i sent my renewal forms back to TVP back in nov and i still havent had anything back from them

i have phoned them to see whats going on and they said they have a big backlog and there 3/4 months behind

but the thing is my my shotgun and my fac both run out in 8 days time. they did say i will get a temporary permit

dont know when that will be ? :sad1:

Edited by ant.mass

Had mine on Tuesday for a renewal. No drama. Checked cabinet and gun serial no's.

Questions:

• Any regular medication
  • Any medical issues relating to depression etc
  • Who else lives at the address (they took full name and DOB)
  • Have I had any issues with any neighbours.

They were the official questions on the form.

The informal chat was when did I last shoot and what did I shoot at and where. All very relaxed but I suspect also just sussing out what I used them for and how regularly.

A renewal is a quicker process. A new grant is likely to focus a bit more on how experienced you are and where you intend to shoot. Not sure if they go into more detail with family and friends etc.

Just relax and smile. Mine didn't stop for tea or biscuits. :lol:

your lucky i sent my renewal forms back to TVP back in nov and i still havent had anything back from them

i have phoned them to see whats going on and they said they have a big backlog and there 3/4 months behind

but the thing is my my shotgun and my fac both run out in 8 days time. they did say i will get a temporary permit

Had a situation a few years back I hand delivered my renewal application inn then herd nowt for weeks rang them up and they told me I had not sent my renewal paperwork in when I informed them that they had cashed my cheque about six weeks before they said they would sort it within a few weeks so my reply was OK FINE you had better come and take my guns and ammo as my cert runs out in three days fao came out next day and as he didn't want the bother of the extra paperwork of temp permit or taken my guns etc to be locked up at a police station he got his finger out and sorted it he even pushed new cert thru the letter box that night.

Applied for my sgc end of Jan had visit today. Very relaxed no awkward questions. Being new to the game asked how i would deal with a misfire. ( look it up on BASC site)

Pleased with cabinet etc so hopefully not to long to wait now.

gal69 thanks for the heads up took a look at the misfire question.

So it is the big day tomorrow ready for it now at least i know it is right date lol

• Any regular medication
  • Any medical issues relating to depression etc
  • Who else lives at the address (they took full name and DOB)
  • Have I had any issues with any neighbours.

They were the official questions on the form.

I can understand the first three but the last one is ridiculous. By 'official' do you mean as per HO guidance?

I can understand the first three but the last one is ridiculous. By 'official' do you mean as per HO guidance?

These were 4 questions that I was asked that appeared to require some sort of response/entry on the application form by the FEO. Can't say this for sure as he was talking and writing but certain things were written down as the questions were being asked.

Not saying it WAS on the form or anything to do with HO guidelines but it felt like a `standard` question. Having said that, it could also be to do with some nearby residents who are well known to plod.

• 2 months later...

hello, i am with TVP and they do have many applications either new or renewal backlog so i hope all goes well for you.