9mm garden gun cartridges

Pyropredator

Anyone got any 9mm garden gun cartridges going? Anything larger than 10 shot if possible.

Why do you want larger shot?

None of my business but I am curious to know what you would like to shoot with it?

The range of a 9mm shotgun is very limited, the shot load (weight) is very small and with a lesser number of pellets the pattern will be very patchy.

I have not chrono tested 9mm cartridges but I think the velocity is very low so they run out of 'striking energy' very quickly.

It might be as well to contact Fiocchi UK and find out what shot sizes they do and ask who are their stockists.

Good luck with your quest.

Tony.

Why do you want larger shot?

None of my business but I am curious to know what you would like to shoot with it?

The range of a 9mm shotgun is very limited, the shot load (weight) is very small and with a lesser number of pellets the pattern will be very patchy.

I have not chrono tested 9mm cartridges but I think the velocity is very low so they run out of 'striking energy' very quickly.

It might be as well to contact Fiocchi UK and find out what shot sizes they do and ask who are their stockists.

Good luck with your quest.

Tony.

I generally use my 9mm for shooting rats in and around farm buildings and every now and then I will get a runner using the 10 shot. So I just wanted to try some bigger shot size and see if It made any difference.

Like you say i will have to keep am eye on the pattern thought due to the such small weights I'm dealing with.

Edited by Pyropredator

I generally use my 9mm for shooting rats in and around farm buildings and every now and then I will get a runner using the 10 shot. So I just wanted to try some bigger shot size and see if It made any difference.

Like you say i will have to keep am eye on the pattern thought due to the such small weights I'm dealing with.

The main difference bigger shot will make is that you'll get more runners than you do now. I've found rws #10 shot work better than any others I've tried. Better patterns, but if you want to shoot them at more than ten yards you're better off using a fourten. I've also knocked a few squirrels down with the little garden gun using #10 shot floberts, at short range though.

• 3 weeks later...

Fiocchi do a number six shot in green and gold box (but I have not tried them ) I have been using Eley grreen box size 8 shot for around ten years now (perhaps more ) and have not had any runners but my shots are at rats around 15 - 20 ft away , If I shoot at night with a lamp or longer ranges I use a Falcon FN12 PCP air rifle in .25 calibre but my running shots are mostly with my 9mm .