New motor

Grenman

They are great fun motors, being a 1972 early S3 she is not without a few issues but all that will be sorted soon. I have also bought a small gun cabinet which i will bolt to the loadbed so that i can shoot my pistol at the club and carry it there and back with a little security. Seems like a wise precaution.

Andy

if its just for general carrying-you can get ex army rifle mounts that stand behind the seats-try the 'bay.

i went for the security side and put a small gun cabinet in the rear-I didnt fancy leaving guns and ammo in a soft top landy.

f.

I have never owned a standard Series 3 and this is my first Landy so cant really help. However its basically the same and uses all Series 3 parts. Obviously there are differences but its mainly wings and other body parts. One thing they do have in common though is that they both always mark their territory!! Its not much lighter if at all than a standard one.

Andy

Nice motor but just how lightweight are they compared to a standard series 111? I nearly bought a desert sand coloured one years ago.

No lighter at all when in road trim. The reason they're called lightweights is because you can easily remove enough body parts (and leave it still drivable) for them to be lifted by helicopter. It's body shape was also defined by the requirement for it to be loaded into heli's.

They are thinner by 4 inches than a standard series I believe

Can't remember the actual measurement but it was to enable loading in to a helicopter. Then they upgraded the heli's which were then able to carry standard LR's slung underneath, so the lightweight finished.

I had one that someone had put on a V8 110 chassis with a tray back on. Don't know who built it but they did a very good job of it. It made a cracking recovery motor at the trials and comps etc.

Series 111 I had never got warm,can't remember it being that quick off the mark either,must have bought a dud. It was powerful but not fast.

my lightweight had a superb heater........on 3 it used to blow you out of the window....it was nippy as i said earlier but slow top speed..

post-11401-0-69327700-1460189695_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...