HUNTING

Yorkshire Pudding

Ok i'll make this short and sweet.

THE HUNTING BILL

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-offic...010/2003010.htm

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-offic.../03010.i-v.html

Follow those links to find out more about the bill .

but a quick summary of the hunting bill would be as follows.

BANNED

Hare coursing

Terrier work

Lurcher work

Deer hunting

fox hunting

PLEASE NOTE IT IS NOT JUST HUNTING FOX'S WITH HOUNDS AND HUNTSMEN

ON HORSE BACK THAT IS GOING TO BE BANNED . IT IS ALL HUNTING WITH DOGS !!

all the best yis yp(who did sign the decleration to carry on hunting with dogs if the bill ever gets passed .) :D

Having spent some time reading this bill, all I can say is CASH COW.. Hunting will once again belong only to those that can afford it. Oh to be "registered" and to have paid the "fees". It appears to have come full circle in the England... the rich shall feed on wild game and those that cannot afford to pay will be forced to survive by poaching...and will be made a outlaw by their very class.

Would it not be possible to rally all who hunt with dog, ferret, or gun and hold one grand march on the house of Commons or the Queens castle .How can the Royal Faimly allow this bill to take place when the members of their own faimly are involved in pheasant shoots and the riding to hounds,,,or are they now class exempt,,,perhaps mass boycotts of any establishment that will not publically support hunting with window posters is in order...hit them in their wallets...class, boils down to the same thing.

Perhaps this could be attacked from a point of it is an inheirit right unders a rights and freedom act to hunt and feed yourself and your faimly, or perhaps under a heritage act as hunting by horse, hound, ferret, has been an important part of Englands historical upbringing.

The people that are behind the end of hunting are the same people that have never had to worry about where their next meal will come from, or whether the fox will kill enough lambs this year so that you can not pay the morgage.

Perhaps the hunting communtity can gain support by feeding the less fortunate by donating their harvest to food banks and soup kitchens. Why should hundreds of children go hungry while the Anti Hunting crowd fill their belly off the super market shelves. Which is the bigger crime... To kill an animal to save a child, or to kill a child to save an animal.

We wouldnt be having these problems now Boys if The Hunting Fraternity had cleaned up their act a few years back.

Anyone who has any Knowledge of The Countryside would know that Fox Hunting with Hounds on Horseback is not an effective or efficient way to keep Charlies population down. If they think it is then all I would say to them is IT aint Bloody working in this area mate (Cotswolds) There are more foxes about than I have ever known.

If they ( The Hunts ) came clean and said that they did it because they enjoyed it at least you could respect them for it.

All this Bill will do is drive the sports in question 'underground' and create a legal administrative nightmare, because people are not going to stop.

God help us all if townies ever get total control of this green and pleasant land, or have they already??? :D :yp: :lol:

I agree with you FM. It will be a sad sad day when this lot get their way and hunting with dogs is banned. But I have to agree that it is not an efficient way of control.

I used to hunt with the Pennine foxhounds, kenneled near Huddersfield, which were a foot pack (Can't get horses where we used to hunt !!!). The majority of those lads were down to earth working lads, with a total love of seeing the hounds and terriers work. No airs and graces, just a love of working dogs.

Even so, the farmers used to call a couple of us up at lambing times and ask us to shoot. We accounted for more foxes than the hunt did. But together, shooters and hounds, we kept the population under control.

I guess my point is, if hunting goes, shooting will be next. Handguns went a few years ago, how soon before rifles ? followed by shotguns ? Maybe they'll start by limiting us all to organised shooting ranges and clay grounds first ? How pi**ed off would we all be if that happened ?

All country sports people need to work together to beat this disease that is "the anti"

Its getting worse no doubt, but in the 'slightly modified' words of Winston Chirchill

We shall go on to the end...................

We shall defend our COUNTRY SPORTS,

Whatever the cost may be,

We shall fight on the beaches,

We shall fight on the landing grounds,

We shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

We shall fight in the hills;

We shall never surrender

Red Stagg

I have Email problems........

What I wanted to say was. Winston Churchil was my Hero along with Robert Falconer Scott ( of the antartic ) I know what they would have done....... Carry on regardless.........

I am quite prepared to break the law to pursue my Country interests and am not prepared to have a bunch of Gin Swilling Civil Servants tell me what I can or cannot do in my own homstead from their parlimentary base 75 miles away!

I am confident Tony Blair has underestimated the strength of feeling in the Country Community to the extent that this issue will cost him dearly at the Polls.

If hunting goes shooting and fishing will not be next it will be the Labour Government.

Heres a joke to Cheer everybody up.....

A little boy in his Cow boy outfit goes up to the ice cream lady and with toy revolvers drawn says " give me a Strawberry sundae " to which the ice cream lady replies.... " Do you want crushed nuts? "

The little boy points his revolvers at the Ice cream van and retorts..

"No. do you want your tits blown off!!!" :D:lol: :yp: :P

FM.

He must have editied it cus I emailed it to a friend, and this was in my sent items.

A little boy in his Cow boy outfit goes up to the ice cream lady and with toy revolvers drawn says " give me a Strawberry sundae " to which the ice cream lady replies.... " Do you want crushed nuts? "

The little boy points his revolvers at the Ice cream lady and retorts..

"No. do you want your tits blown off!!!"

And I couldn't have added lady, 'cus I wouldn't have spelt it right. :D