Sometimes shooting magazines are worth it!

Dibs85

I don't normally subscribe to buying shooting magazines as without naming any names I find 90 percent of the time they are just adverts or biased reviews ( I can't remember the last time I read a negative review on a gun) however waiting for my wife to finish her shopping trip I decided to buy this month's shooting sporter, I read Andy crows article on hide safety and his idea to put signs up on the the public rights of way advising the public that shooting was taking n place and to be aware however all rights of way were still open etc etc. This is a simple idea yet not something I ever thought of doing. I will definitely employ this next time I am out. Does anybody else do anything similar?

Cheers.

I don't normally subscribe to buying shooting magazines as without naming any names I find 90 percent of the time they are just adverts or biased reviews ( I can't remember the last time I read a negative review on a gun) however waiting for my wife to finish her shopping trip I decided to buy this month's shooting sporter, I read Andy crows article on hide safety and his idea to put signs up on the the public rights of way advising the public that shooting was taking n place and to be aware however all rights of way were still open etc etc. This is a simple idea yet not something I ever thought of doing. I will definitely employ this next time I am out. Does anybody else do anything similar?

Cheers.

In some places, yes. Once had a sign on a gate saying shooting in progress (the gate is NOT on a path) still people climbed over it and walked on by.

If you do put signs out just make sure they don't have the word 'Danger' on them as they can be used against you in court if something should happen.

Couldn't bear to part with cash for Sports Shooter after seeing they've been paying that pillock ******* for an article (Ironically reviewing a BLACK gun, which he claims to hate.)

I subscribed to that lot when they advertised a free cartridge bag for subscribers.

The scumbags still haven't delivered it. I'm cancelling my subscription as soon as I get it.

Edited by Guest

Sadly it has gone the way of Sporting Gun, too many reviews (which aren't strictly reviews because they are always positive and are almost advertorials), too many generic Q&As, pieces from the same industry figures each month and fewer substantial features and stories - all of which don't add up to the value of the cover price. I used to subscribe to both but don't bother with either now, which is a shame because we should support the shooting press if we can.

On one of my old shoots, we put warning signs on the foot path posts. basically saying when the red flag is flying there will be shooters on the land.

And in the farm yard on the wall were hooks we all had our own coloured discs [and red flags] and hung them on the wall when we went into the field and put the red flags up in predrilled holes in the posts above the signs. when you went to the farm yard and saw the discs you could tell who was out shooting at a glance.

it worked very well for years even the farmer thought it was a good idea.

Cheers.

Pointless walkers walk wherever they want IV give up one of my perms because of the stupid idiots and there dogs