Eu Polls

ElvisThePelvis

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks felly, didnt know about that one.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/eu-referendum/referendum-on-eu-membership-result

Capture.jpg

I think this means the betsters think we will more than likely stay? What do you think?

Yes it does:

1) people are frightened of change. When people waiver they err on the side of what they know.

2) a lot of people (I know not many on here) will be swayed by what our PM thinks.

3) history tells us that in major referendums across the globe people vote for the status quo.

Yes it does:

1) people are frightened of change. When people waiver they err on the side of what they know.

2) a lot of people (I know not many on here) will be swayed by what our PM thinks.

3) history tells us that in major referendums across the globe people vote for the status quo.

+1. Well put. Though I'm not sure I agree with (2) !

In my job I travel all over the UK and speak to varied people from storesman of small companies to high up managers in big multi-national companies. Virtually everyone I have spoken to about it seem to be voting out, however how they actually vote on the day may be different. I would not be surprised either way but from people I have spoken to which is a rather varied group I think we will be out.

Apparently a Mrs A Merkel from 'de farter land' (wherever that is) has volunteered.. It's not a country on the Phillips map of Europe so must be OK and impartial.

Good, I'm glad there'll be no chance of fiddling the count then, puts my mind at ease :good:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It will depend on the weather. If it's sunny all the youngsters will be in the pub/ at the beach indulging in post-exam euphoria and won't get around to voting. All us oldies will take a stroll in the sunshine to the polling station. If it rains the youngsters will crawl out of bed at lunchtime and with nothing better to do, go and vote. A lot of oldies won't feel like going out if it's miserable.

It's as reliable a theory as any others I've heard.

It will depend on the weather. If it's sunny all the youngsters will be in the pub/ at the beach indulging in post-exam euphoria and won't get around to voting. All us oldies will take a stroll in the sunshine to the polling station. If it rains the youngsters will crawl out of bed at lunchtime and with nothing better to do, go and vote. A lot of oldies won't feel like going out if it's miserable.

It's as reliable a theory as any others I've heard.

And some will be at Glastonbury getting drunk and high.

Lot of the young ones won't vote at all, no matter what the weather. All the ones I speak to just say "wot for, wo change anyfin", then they go and collect their benefits for them and their ten kids.

What they really mean is they don't want anything to change, quite happy dossing around while we pay them.