American E shot

Guest cookoff013
9 minutes ago, motty said:

I would have done, but for me HW13 was the better option. I doubt the same kind of dense patterns are achievable with the softer E shot.

yeah, cost prohibitive too.

that hw13 seems to offer slightly more bang for your buck.

that stuff i`d certainly go down in shotsize!.

On 04/10/2018 at 21:01, Smiler23 said:

Know this is an old post, but did any of you lads purchase/try this e-shot out?

well I did and with success [mallard] any dysfunction was down to me not the shot, I dont know why it never caught on, soft enough to use through any gun yet heavier than lead !

http://www.bucksrunsports.com/Reloading_Specialties_Inc/New!_American_Shot.html

On 06/10/2018 at 11:36, Smiler23 said:

What's the delivery cost on stuff from bucks run? Did you find many pellets lost (broke up) on firing? At pattern plate? Cheers

I didnt have them delivered as a friend goes to the states regularly and brought them back, I dont remember them breaking up but will load a few and see if i can reach any conclusions re breaking

On 06/10/2018 at 11:08, islandgun said:

I dont know why it never caught on, soft enough to use through any gun yet heavier than lead !

http://www.bucksrunsports.com/Reloading_Specialties_Inc/New!_American_Shot.html

Well, that's exactly my thinking on ITX-10: tested on old gun with lead wads,  generates less pressure and slightly more speed.... what can be wrong  with that?

But I think i found the answer in the many (many) post you ready through the forum: not many people care to shoot steel through any gun and most don't care about the choke or pellets size either so why would something so expensive ever catch on when most would not go for anything but steel anyway?

37 minutes ago, Continental Shooter said:

Well, that's exactly my thinking on ITX-10: tested on old gun with lead wads,  generates less pressure and slightly more speed.... what can be wrong  with that?

But I think i found the answer in the many (many) post you ready through the forum: not many people care to shoot steel through any gun and most don't care about the choke or pellets size either so why would something so expensive ever catch on when most would not go for anything but steel anyway?

When I started on the itx 10 i forgot about the e shot tbh, but i will load a few e shot and try on a plate,  I often go out but probably shoot a lot less than most. so may not be the best judge. This is also why i dont mind spending a bit more on non toxic [in the belief that it may be more effective]

Steel is cheap and if it does the job then why not,