Setting up a hide on concrete

Exudate

Please may I ask the PW collective if they have any tips / advice for setting up a hide where you can't push traditional hide poles into the ground? To cut a long story short, there's a good case for me setting up with a barn to my back, but it has a ground border of concrete, which is a few meters wide along the length of it. There's a small pile of rubble after this, then the OSR field where our friends are feeding. Thanks in advance!

hello, if the farm has any old pallets around borrow some and tie together and put some camo netting over and use some large bits of rubble to hold it down , or maybe if they have some smaller straw bales to make the hide so when you finish shooting on the field can use again, good luck

+ 1 As above.

But if you are backed onto a barn especially a metal one wear ear protection, otherwise you may end up as deaf as quasimodo,

When corvid shooting around the dairy farmyards I usually find some small implement, old pallets, hurdle gates, etc., to cobble together a hide, sometimes adding a camo net, but often not.

One of the best yard hides I built was entirely made up of brightly coloured plastic fertiliser bags, the birds took no notice of them.

In the far a distant past I made self supporting hide out of bamboo canes and eight small cubes of wood with holes drilled through. I had four canes cut to the right height for front and back , the sides were cut to length. When the frame was what I wanted I secured the joints with insulation tape then covered it with my net.

I think some garden centres sell a ball with holes cast into it to put canes into

Thinking outside of the box make four tripods with canes and tape or rubber bands and set at the required height and cover with net.

Hope this helps.