Benelli M2 vs Franchi Affinity

johnnytheboy

I have the M2 and love the gun, if I was spending the money for a brand new Franchi I'd buy a used M2.

The Franchi is similar to the M2 but not the same. Like I didn't buy a different model Benelli, similar but not the same as the M2. Preference for one over the other nothing more.

Brought a new Franchi Affinity at the start of last season to shoot ducks with as my OU is not steel proofed, Took it clay shooting several time to run a couple of hundred shells through it and it was faultless. Even with low velocity cartridges it loaded fine, used it through the winter on ducks and one evening had three for three shots. The M2 feels heavier and perhaps more solid but would not pay the extra required for the Benelli if you just require a work gun.

to me, I look at this as I would do when buying parts for my car.

do I buy genuine parts from a dealer? or do I buy patent parts from a motor factor?

on the face of it the parts look the same, fit the same and some are even made by the same company.

BUT,

in the back of my mind I know that the patent parts are cheaper for a reason and that's the reason I generally lean towards the more expensive option.

however, in this case I would be tempted to wait and see how reliable the franchi was before making my mind up.

Oem parts from the dealer are marked up 3-4 times before they get in the hands of the customer! If you can buy a Bosch alternator from Volvo in a Volvo box it's been bought, sold from the global supply centre to continental supply centre, then to the country supply centre then to the dealer then to you, each time they lift a little profit out of to pay for that supply centre cost of running!

Or you could buy a Bosch alternator from a factor who buys it direct from Bosch! Now if it's the same manufacturer it makes no difference! However if you buy a pattern part copied from the Bosch Volvo part made by another manufacturer at a price point then that's something different!

Berettas plans over the last few years have been to invest in manufacturing and design you can see this in their news guns. The Franchi is benefiting from parts standardisation as that's why they have low price point on this gun!

Oem parts from the dealer are marked up 3-4 times before they get in the hands of the customer! If you can buy a Bosch alternator from Volvo in a Volvo box it's been bought, sold from the global supply centre to continental supply centre, then to the country supply centre then to the dealer then to you, each time they lift a little profit out of to pay for that supply centre cost of running!

it doesn't quite work like that... well, not with Volkswagen group anyhow. the parts are made at the factory directly for the group. no extra mark ups, just different materials used.

Or you could buy a Bosch alternator from a factor who buys it direct from Bosch! Now if it's the same manufacturer it makes no difference! However if you buy a pattern part copied from the Bosch Volvo part made by another manufacturer at a price point then that's something different!

i can pretty much guarantee you that they're not the same parts, and it does make a difference.

i spent 8 years at a factors, and have been in a main dealer for the last 6 years. massive difference in quality between most parts manufactured by the same company (Bosch), plus, double the warranty with genuine parts (with no mileage limits either)

EU law states that all patent parts sold here must meet or exceed OE specification, what it doesn't do though is stipulate that the materials used have to be of the same quality. this in turn usually leads to a lower life expectancy of the part.

that's why you can get bosch parts at a lower price point from a factor than a dealer. nothing to do with mark up at all.

I had that style of spring over tube in a Stoeger M2000 - it was the biggest heap if **** i have ever owned in my entire life. In fact, i would have rather burned my £500 than pay for it.

I now have a Benelli M2 - not had a single problem from it so far (not to say it will never fail)

BUY CHEAP, BUY TWICE.

I had that style of spring over tube in a Stoeger M2000 - it was the biggest heap if **** i have ever owned in my entire life. In fact, i would have rather burned my £500 than pay for it.

I now have a Benelli M2 - not had a single problem from it so far (not to say it will never fail)

BUY CHEAP, BUY TWICE.

Funny how many franchi's you see for sale,hardly used says most of the adverts.

But you don't see many M2's for sale Second hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for mine. Shop said it would be 6-8 weeks! I think GMK need to order more stock!!!

Not sure if you know but there is a shipment coming in mid May then add on time to get them out to fulfill backorders etc. I have been patiently waiting on mine coming for just over a month hey ho its May tomorrow TODAY COFFEE NOW KICKED IN - nearly there :good:

Edited by Andra