Tree hide?

HunterFarmer

I used to shoot on a farm wher they had a tower made from telegraph poles that was made so that a shooter was at the same level as the tree tops. Guns could roost shoot from this tower and it was brilliant fun because the pigeons sometimes came in at eye level. Luckily most people did not like heights so I used it regularly

I used to shoot on a farm wher they had a tower made from telegraph poles that was made so that a shooter was at the same level as the tree tops. Guns could roost shoot from this tower and it was brilliant fun because the pigeons sometimes came in at eye level. Luckily most people did not like heights so I used it regularly

this is only safe way..

I've seen tower hides made out of scaffold in the past

one of the best days shooting ive ever had........not a big bag but fast and furious for hour and a half...........

it was an invite many many years ago to a farm that boaderd a forestry plantation.......every day the pigeons used to swoop over the tops of the citka spruce young trees nearing 2nd thinnings....a scaffold tower was erected on the flightline so the tops of the tress were just below eye level..........it was a tottally surreal view of the world...and the shooting was weird....if i had ever shot grouse it would be close to that type of shooting...and down below unseen by the birds were 4 dogs running about unseen all over the place...they had learnt to listen for the fall of a bird and run to the sound............

amazing day (afternoon that was)

Yeah I know just kind of want to be out of the way! And thought it might be a good idea but wanted to find out what other people thought!

My first and only thought was WHY , to begin with you want a big tree , then how do you intend putting a hide in a tree , are you thinking of the trunk or the tree itself ? not really a very good idea , you would be better off putting a toilet pan in , then if you were caught short you could go and use the Lava tree . :lol:

Thanks for the interest! and sorry for the odd questions I just don't have much money and am only starting off so just looking for ideas really!

That's a fair comment.

All you need is a dozen decoys and a bit of netting, everything else you can make do.

No need to set up in a tree. Beneath it is just fine. What you can do is build some natural hides if you can set yourself in some bushes. Use branches and foliage for front cover and you're away.

I have to admit your questions have been a little odd, but on the basis that no question is a stupid one, you keep asking away.

Cos