Ward-d-vision 700

204 rem

hi lads,

I'm after a bit of info ... I'm thinking of buying a ... WARD-D-VISION 700... Does anyone know if they work with any of the following scopes,,,

Sightron

Night force

Leupold

Meopta

If so, what kind of range are you getting from the scope ??? If anyone has got one in the Derbyshire area,, it would be nice if I could meet up and have a look through it for the picture quality

Cheers rem

Ward - D - Vision was the original. Ward 700 is the upgrade. (New camera).

I have been using the original since they first came out. Had it with a Hawk Sidewinder (difficult to attach to the scope as none of the supplied bushes will work due the locking ring of the eye focus being larger than the scope barrel and the same size as the adjuster - had to get a special metal bush made to fit then it was no problem) then a Night Force. Much better with the latter and one of the bushes fitted with no problem. Eyes to 250 (ish) yards and identifiable foxes at 150. Have shot very many with the device. NR800 IR torch.

When I purchased it there wasn't much else on the market at a comparable price.

I have just had it upgraded to Ward 700. Not able to really check it out comprehensively yet due time and almost full moon. It appears to be better.

You must have parallax adjustment on the scope. Side knob.

They are 'fiddly' to set up but once you have it sorted they do the job for the money you pay.

Don't rush the setup - well to be fair you can't.

I was pleased enough with my setup to pay for the upgrade.

If I was much richer I would buy something else - But I'm not.

Hope this helps.

Can't help with a looksee because I live in North Suffolk.

Edited by Grandalf

Ive got mine on a sidewinder and the furthest ive seen with it was a badger at 350yds but this was in perfect conditions, last night i could see a tawny owl at 160yds easily and a rabbit over 200. youre welcome to come and have a look but im near burton so about an hour away.

pic00069_zpsvficsl4j.jpg

Ward - D - Vision was the original. Ward 700 is the upgrade. (New camera).

I have been using the original since they first came out. Had it with a Hawk Sidewinder (difficult to attach to the scope as none of the supplied bushes will work due the locking ring of the eye focus being larger than the scope barrel and the same size as the adjuster - had to get a special metal bush made to fit then it was no problem) then a Night Force. Much better with the latter and one of the bushes fitted with no problem. Eyes to 250 (ish) yards and identifiable foxes at 150. Have shot very many with the device. NR800 IR torch.

When I purchased it there wasn't much else on the market at a comparable price.

I have just had it upgraded to Ward 700. Not able to really check it out comprehensively yet due time and almost full moon. It appears to be better.

You must have parallax adjustment on the scope. Side knob.

They are 'fiddly' to set up but once you have it sorted they do the job for the money you pay.

Don't rush the setup - well to be fair you can't.

I was pleased enough with my setup to pay for the upgrade.

If I was much richer I would buy something else - But I'm not.

Hope this helps.

Can't help with a looksee because I live in North Suffolk.

Grandalf in what way are they fiddly to set up pal.

Do they need setting each time you put it on the scope thanks rem

Grandalf in what way are they fiddly to set up pal.

Do they need setting each time you put it on the scope thanks rem

To get the best results you need to set it very accurately. Then every time you use it you just bolt it on.

I had to play around with the eye relief adjustment on the gizmo and the scope. Little bit this way, little bit that way. When I got it right it worked very well. At first it just worked.

Maybe it was just me. I am old, my eyes are old, the scope I had originally was old, I changed the IR lamp I was using.

I know three blokes, via the net, who have got rid of them almost as soon as they took delivery - saying they couldn't get on with it.

I think they just needed a bit of patience.

I am pleased with mine.