x trail

BaconBoy

can anybody tell me what sort of mpg you get from a 2.5 auto petrol x trail please?

thanks

Get around 27 mpg around town and never more than 30 on a run but well worth it, had mine over eight years now on an 04 plate, bought with 32k on clock just turned 99k best vehicle ever had and does everything asked of it, been up to axles in mud and always managed to get through, no amount of snow ever stopped me getting where i had to go.... hope to keep it till the wheels fall off..only ever cost me for brakes, tyres and a mid section exhaust to date. smooth as anything in 2.5 auto and comfy too.

I generally shoot using the door mirror bracket as a forestock rest - with my elbow hanging out the window.

My CR-V has very 'short' front doors that hinders me reaching the front part of a scope for example, and having long arms doesn't help.

Could someone with an X Trail please be a dear and measure the distance from the rear of the window opening to the door mirror bracket for me, as per this photo?

_57_zpsix6talmw.jpg

From the rear of the window to the rear of the mirror bracket/arm is 33", or 32.5" to the rear of the mirror mount window plastic infill.

Bless your little cotton socks my friend, I shall compare that to our CR-V when her indoors returns with it. :good:

Bless your little cotton socks my friend, I shall compare that to our CR-V when her indoors returns with it. :good:

Blimey - almost 5" extra rifle/arm room to the door mirror bracket. :good:

Good as the CR-V is, it's definitely not a car for a big bloke.

I have to be careful to not bang my knees on the dash getting into it - and that's after fitting thick steel plates to raise and shift the driver seat back about 40mm.

Blimey - almost 5" extra rifle/arm room to the door mirror bracket. :good:

Good as the CR-V is, it's definitely not a car for a big bloke.

I have to be careful to not bang my knees on the dash getting into it - and that's after fitting thick steel plates to raise and shift the driver seat back about 40mm.

If you're 6ft 2ins or plus then you're quids in. Don't know the age of the CRV but older models shared the same advantage as the X Trail - in fact were superior as there was no transmission tunnel if I remember correctly - in that they're a mobile semi- high seat. I'm shrinking and am now 5 ft 10 ins so need a few bits of 4x4 timber to shoot comfortably out of the sun roof. I do use the door mirror on occasion but after some 30 years on the same shoot I pretty much know where I'll get what so tend to ambush from selected spots. Just a quicky though - on what sort of days would you open the sun roof? If you answered hot and sunny ones, then I'll ask on what sort of days can the sun roof fail to close? Good things are hand books when read.

Edited by wymberley

If you're 6ft 2ins or plus then you're quids in. Don't know the age of the CRV but older models shared the same advantage as the X Trail - in fact were superior as there was no transmission tunnel if I remember correctly - in that they're a mobile semi- high seat. I'm shrinking and am now 5 ft 10 ins so need a few bits of 4x4 timber to shoot comfortably out of the sun roof. I do use the door mirror on occasion but after some 30 years on the same shoot I pretty much know where I'll get what so tend to ambush from selected spots. Just a quicky though - on what sort of days would you open the sun roof? If you answered hot and sunny ones, then I'll ask on what sort of days can the sun roof fail to close? Good things are hand books when read.

Indeed - no tunnel - but the propshaft hangs low with the exhaust pipe crossing underneath it. I'm 6 feet tall but with long limbs lol.

I've not known the sunroof to not close but I have to move into the rear of the car to shoot from it.

So - are they undersealed or have any major rust issues? I'm thinking year 2K ish . Also does anyone know when they started fitting EGR to them as I'd rather have an older one that doesn't have that.

My Pinin was an appalling pile of rust, but the CR-V has absolutely no visible rust underneath and I'd guess was factory undersealed.