Rounded it down to 3 rifles. Now to choose one ??

The corvid controller

Guys im looking to buy myself a new rifle here are my choices.... Daystate Huntsman Regal.... Theoben Rapid... Hw100.... 12months ago i sold my RTN tuned mk3 super 10 and i regret it massively so looking to get myself another air rifle. Im not keen in the R10 i dont think there anywhere near as good as the super10 was so thats why its not in my choice.

Any of the above rifle owners that can give me a heads up would be great

Daystate Huntsman Regal - The thorn that jabbed the side of the gun buying populace, these have been sent out consistently underpowered, a myriad of other quality problems too, as well as being horrendously overpriced. Great gun when working properly. Owned an X2 and a Huntsman, got a Mk 3.

Theoben Rapid - A holy grail amongst shooters. Theoben quality was also hit and miss, guns were sent out over and underpowered (my Rapid was over powered even though the AT was still in place. The problem is that the gun is so simple that every man and his dog have had a go at tuning them so finding an unmolested one is about as rare as finding a virgin amongst the service providers at a brothel! Conversely the simplicity means that they can be put right, though at a cost and knowing someone who can actually repair the bodges that have been inflicted on the gun in the name of progress. A Rapid is a truly great gun, trouble is making great can be expensive. Got a Mk 1 which needed an extensive rebuild (by KevG at Doncaster).

HW100 - Quality again is hit and miss, some come out with a brilliant mechanism and lousy stock (personal experience), some are over powered, some are subject to the falling quality of Weihracuh rifles and refuse to group at any range. Hull Cartridge will sort out problems (albeit at a way that increases the cost to them). The 100 is also the only one you have specified to come with 2 magazines and the magazine on an HW100 is an awful lot ruddy cheaper than either a Daystate or a Rapid. Trigger sears are now reported to be wearing out, so be careful.

Out of the 3 I would go with the HW100, just check the stock first!

Edited by secretagentmole

Daystate Huntsman Classic is a great rifle not the Regal version though. Think Evo said the Air ranger is the one to go for as he still has his. Rapids are the holy grail being the first buddy bottle gun and everyone wanted one. I very nesrly bought one when they first came out. Don't think they stand up to today's best guns without spending big on them. Not a fan of any HW gun never have been, I've never got one to shoot or fit me right. Loads of mates had them and they shot great for them, just not for me. The HW100 has had far to many problems like the Regal has for a gun costing what they do.

Imported by yourself Steyr Hunting five would be my choice if looking to buy a good gun.

Edited by figgy

Had a hw100kt now have a RAW HM 1000 rapid ish I think but is a beauty

Must say my son has a daystate regal .20 and certainly light and I love sneaking out with it when on a walk

Hw100kt I had in .177 was special but sold it prefer .20 for hunting

firstly can I ask why ? you have chosen those particular three ?

I would not pick any of them, firstly as mole said the huntsman regal comes with far too many problems , just check the web,, the rapid although a superb gun in its day is outdated and getting a mint one, well you have more chance of winning the euro lottery, the HW100kt is a cracking rifle and SOME can be very accurate indeed BUT the quality of the workmanship today is pants,also the middle sear has become very problematic to say the least, if you get a good one then they are very good,

if you really want to spend money wisely then there are two air rifles out there that really are the dogs danglies,

firstly the Daystate air ranger .177,,,,, fantastic rifle, very very accurate, large shot count, and mine is my go to rifle to hunt with day or night, it really is the best air rifle I,ve ever owned and so much so I would never sell it,

the second one is without doubt the Air Arms s510, as Bruno said, straight out the box they are superb , I,ve owned mine now for over 6 months and all I can say is it really is a tack driver, its by far the best and most accurate air rifle I have ever used straight out the box, the side lever is super smooth compared to the HW100kt, the only thing I have changed is the mag, I now use a rowan single shot loader but that's just personal preference really,it is also NOT really pellet fussy and will group single hole groups out to 40yrds with ease, the shot count is lower than the ranger but that's the only fault I can find with the rifle, I,ve got that much confidence in my s510 ultimate sporter that I,m now going to use it for HFT and FT with my EV2mk4 it really is that accurate, the best buy I have ever had with any make of air rifle,

if I only had one air rifle it would be the ranger .177, just ask the lads I take shooting just how good it is but the s510 ultimate sporter comes a very very close second,

honestly forget the three you have chosen, get a s510 or if you can afford the extra then the ranger would be your best bet

hope that helps

atb Evo