Help needed from adjustable comb users

fielddweller

Hi Guys

I have a gun with an adjustable comb( don't know if it was factory fitted) and after 50 -100 shots the 2 external grub screws come loose.

Is this normal and you just keep tightening them up or do you use a thread lock glue? And if so so what's best

Many thanks if you can help.

Fielddweller

Nip them up but don't over tighten, shoot the gun for a bit and check if they come loose again. If they do then put a tiny amount of low strength thread lock on. Better method is if the treads are deep enough put two more grub screws over the top of existing ones as a check to keep them in place.

Edited by figgy

Nip them up but don't over tighten, shoot the gun for a bit and check if they come loose again. If they do then put a tiny amount of low strength thread lock on. Better method is if the treads are deep enough put two more grub screws over the top of existing ones as a check to keep them in place.

Thanks for your input

Definitely not enough room for 2 screws unless I can get some About 5mm in lenght,do you set the screws then add the glue? Once you've glued them is that it permently ?

Fielddweller

Just noticed we joined 2 days apart and I am 6200 posts behind,😀😄

Edited by fielddweller

Ha ha I used to stay quiet, read the forum as a guest for ages before joining.

No remove the grub screw and then add a tiny amount of thread lock not glue to the thread and screw back into place.

You can get grub screws of 5mm long. Some ive removed have been around 3mm long.