police man dead

markbivvy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the first murder this year to involve a legally held gun but I bet the spin doctors are going through hoops over this.

We cant stop black on black shootings, the knee jerk reaction to Dunblane has been shown that banning guns makes no odds and if scum can get hold of guns its still easier to punish people like us while gun crime spirals out of control.

My sympathies are with the families of those who died, both the officer and the children of the " game keeper "

Seems like the news is fading slightly already...wasn't the main headline on the latest news.

Poor guy's family.

Hope this doesn't affect my FAC variation...it's currently with the force in quesiton!! ???

To be fair TB cannot be held responsible for this shooting, however a good kicking is still in order for the shambles he has created over the last 10 years.

Anyway back on topic................

The man was a gamekeeper and as such he had an FAC that entitled him to keep that gun. If he did not have the gun he would have (probably) used a knife or some other weapon in the domestic. The outcome might have been different but you cannot blame the gun can you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6632017.stm

Yep a .222, although the kidnapped child in portugal seems to have somewhat buried the news. What I don't understand is I thought he wasn't allowed in the house by the gf, so how did he get access to his rifle? If he did get in, was the gf still in the house while he went in got the gun, shot the copper then himself?

Yep a .222, although the kidnapped child in portugal seems to have somewhat buried the news. What I don't understand is I thought he wasn't allowed in the house by the gf, so how did he get access to his rifle? If he did get in, was the gf still in the house while he went in got the gun, shot the copper then himself?

I think if he was hell bent on using a gun he wouldn't say to himself "Oh better not go in the house I'm not allowed" I think it's fair to say he had passed the point of being rational.

I think if he was hell bent on using a gun he wouldn't say to himself "Oh better not go in the house I'm not allowed" I think it's fair to say he had passed the point of being rational.

What I meant is, i thought he didn't get into the house the gf wouldn't let him in. Hence, how did he gain access to his rifle? He was a pest controller according to the bbc (former gamekeeper) so I imagine the gun was legally held.