Proper Cartridges Topic

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're sounding more posh than us that live in "Harrowgate"! :lol:

If you're in that kind of mood you must visit the famous Betty's Tea Room and pay an arm and a leg for afternoon tea.

It's Harrogate, not to be confused as it often is with Harrow, darn sarf!

I just asked on another post if you were ever around here and there you go.

I'll be there on the Sunday so will look out for you :good:

http://www.northernshootingshow.co.uk/

Harrogate, Great Yorkshire Showground.

One of my offices is in Harrow, Harrow is an absolute toilet, not like Harrogate.

Wildfowlers would have been his main cusstomers for testing in my opinion.

Thats why i said it mate. Even though i load my own lead rounds. I prodomently reload steel myself and have worked up a load with ssb150 and would of rather paid 10 quid to a small buisness instead of what ever the proof house charges.

It is a shame but if he isnt willing to test steel loads so be it

Thats why i said it mate. Even though i load my own lead rounds. I prodomently reload steel myself and have worked up a load with ssb150 and would of rather paid 10 quid to a small buisness instead of what ever the proof house charges.

It is a shame but if he isnt willing to test steel loads so be it

Did you see my post about clay& game testing ?

From the end of May you could phone them up and as long as the load uses components they stock ( they have ssb150) they will load to your data and test for you £27 so still cheaper than the proof house and you do not need to get them there .

no stand at show just going for look about and meet some people near there carts at thetford we could not agree on price does not want to pay for quality don't worry I am not if I put a pallet in there it means I cannot realy sell to the area so for 30 000 on a pallet to be in a shop for say 10 weeks I can sell 60 000 to end users and estates in a month so what is the better deal for george

George

As you don't have a stand how are we going to find you? I shall look for a dodgy looking Geordie bloke in the car park,and if I find you are selling cartridges?

Cheers

Fielddweller

George

As you don't have a stand how are we going to find you? I shall look for a dodgy looking Geordie bloke in the car park,and if I find you are selling cartridges?

Cheers

Fielddweller

yes that's me first ring 07714 323 909 then look for hi lux reg number p10 eon so I will be in pigeon that's the name of the car but pretend I owe you money then you will sharp find me :lol::lol::lol::good: wot u say thanks george

Clay games testing would be practical my Brother has a farm over in east yorkshire Market weighton way, he could drop them off for me, but at that money its still expensive given the amount i test per year.

I will just keep on testing with my crusher gun, i did look at transducer equiptment but its 4k minimum for the most basic of decent gear. I could never warant spending that much on gear in my life time, very few could.

A syndicate buy could work, but it would need planning and some thing legal being drawn up to protect the investment long term. Ill just stick to the crusher its not modern but it kept people safe untill quite recently so should get by with it for most practical purposes.

Clay games testing would be practical my Brother has a farm over in east yorkshire Market weighton way, he could drop them off for me, but at that money its still expensive given the amount i test per year.

I will just keep on testing with my crusher gun, i did look at transducer equiptment but its 4k minimum for the most basic of decent gear. I could never warant spending that much on gear in my life time, very few could.

A syndicate buy could work, but it would need planning and some thing legal being drawn up to protect the investment long term. Ill just stick to the crusher its not modern but it kept people safe untill quite recently so should get by with it for most practical purposes.

If you drop loaded cartridges off its £13 per batch not £27

Sorry i some how over looked that fenboy, the 13 a batch is in that case not so bad i guess. and its a better option for me with my brother being down there too. Might do it on Super Hot loads, Got some HW19 loads which are up there on pressure according to nthe the crusher could do with a transducer test on them.

Edited by TONY R

Hey Tony, what kind of crusher gun do you have and where did you get it if I may ask?

You're right, they can be accurate and not so far away from transducer, but they need some adjusting.

I helped on a wee project back home some 10 years ago with a similar gun sold in US and we managed to get pretty matching test runs compared with the Proof House; but that required a load of testing and some stochastic calculus to factor in certain variables (i.e. different plastic thickness on the hulls, brass height, etc.).

Be intrestign to see if there is a new, more accurate version around or you manage to find a decent setup yourself.

Cheers,

Hey Tony, what kind of crusher gun do you have and where did you get it if I may ask?

You're right, they can be accurate and not so far away from transducer, but they need some adjusting.

I helped on a wee project back home some 10 years ago with a similar gun sold in US and we managed to get pretty matching test runs compared with the Proof House; but that required a load of testing and some stochastic calculus to factor in certain variables (i.e. different plastic thickness on the hulls, brass height, etc.).

Be intrestign to see if there is a new, more accurate version around or you manage to find a decent setup yourself.

Cheers,

Gun i have is ex Eley, runs half inch crucher pellets, its a two port but i run the front locked off much of the time. Have around 7000 leads left, no idea how to go about getting any more not even sure if anyone is capable or replication of these leads these days. The old blokes that made these will be long dead by now.

I have enough for my needs and the gun is of no vallue as such, was thinking if i ever used the leads up just give it to the royal armouries or some such thing if it was wanted.

Practicaly i doubt i will use the leads up in my life.

righty ho I have a confirmed order for 12000 carts from 2 lads so I rang another and if it comes of I will travel instead of putting on pallet as pallet is about 70 pounds and that buys a tank of diesel so once again here we go free carts to shoot 32 gram fibre the route is a1 north morpeth ect up to Edinburgh forth road bridge up to Kinross turn over to fife heading for aucktermuckty and the tay bridge into Dundee out of Dundee for Forfar edzell fettercairn Aberdeen peterheed then over to elgin then to inverness and back doon to perth on the a9 then depending what I get in from there either stirling or carlise and over the a69 to hexham and home so hurry want to get this done so can meet some more victims at harrowgate show on sunday thanks George 07714 323 909 phone is best as may miss u on here :good:

yes that's me first ring 07714 323 909 then look for hi lux reg number p10 eon so I will be in pigeon that's the name of the car but pretend I owe you money then you will sharp find me :lol::lol::lol::good: wot u say thanks george

righty so who wants wot please advise so I can put up in order form thanks George 07714 323 909