Which one would you buy

Darrsn

I've being looking around for a second hand o/u but there ain't much around . I seen a browning medalist in mint condition multi choked for £600 in my local gunshop but they ain't the gun are though they where . Would like a berreta/ miruko/ browing but hard to find here in Cumbria . I've a budget of £900 for the right gun

I picked up a mint 2006 browning b425 m/c elite (grade 3) hunter for less than your budget. It could of been shipped to your rfd for that price.

I picked up a mint 2006 browning b425 m/c elite (grade 3) hunter for less than your budget. It could of been shipped to your rfd for that price.

Which one out of the 3 would you buy and why. Bettinsoli/franchi/Lincoln. Cheers

Buying a new one of these when you can have a used 682 is like buying a new Hyundai Atoz instead of a 3 year old Land Cruiser, plus there is no difference in running costs, well I lie a bit maybe because the Beretta won't break.

Just to add.. when I was looking, there were several miruku mk38's, two beretta sp1s, 3 browning b325's, Winchester and a rather plain looking b525. All of which were around or under your budget and of course the one I bought. So if your prepared to make a decision to get a gun shipped to your rfd for refusal that's the way I'd go.

Edited by Jay_Russell

im a broken record on this one...yes I can understand buying new,dumbly I do it occassionally on cars(for the wife)!...but also with guns you pay 20% vat and dealer margin of say 10% so you are buying @ £600 worth of gun for your money,whereas buying a good 2nd hand gun you are getting the full value.of £900 worth of actual gun.and at this budget level you can get proven makes that are instrinsically better guns and will hold their value better down the line as/if/when you wish to change.There is nothing 'wrong' with the guns you are looking at but you will end up with £600 worth of gun if you follow my logic and as Fenboy says Miroku etc is a better gun than a Lincoln etc..

Franchi, made by beretta as skoda is made by volkswagon. Same tooling, put together in a different shed but lower price point. Uses same chokes, so no problems with additional or aftermarket chokes.

Franchi doesn't make guns. Their O/Us are built by Bettinsoli and bear no resemblance to Berettas.

Of the 3 guns listed, Bettinsoli's reputation for reliability is spotty to say the least and the Franchi, built by Bettinsoli and supported by GMK... I'd pass.

Lincolns are made by I. Rizzini (FAIR) and would be my choice.

Sabatti is another one to consider. I have the feeling that Norgas (webber?) is the supplier.

I started off with a cheap Betinsolli Deluxe (older model) - it was £300 second hand. I shot OK with it and sold it for about the same money 18 months later and bought a Beretta

My advice - If you are just dipping your toe into the sport buy a cheap second hand version of what you were looking at new - if you are already hooked then buy a second hand 'premium' brand.

Go into a gunshop, pick up a new version of the ones you are looking at - then grab a 'premium' brand second hand and compare the two and make your choice

Buying a new one of these when you can have a used 682 is like buying a new Hyundai Atoz instead of a 3 year old Land Cruiser, plus there is no difference in running costs, well I lie a bit maybe because the Beretta won't break.

even berettas break sometimes.