Hi

I use Norma 50grn SP and 40grn Vmax in my M595 and both shoot to practically the same point.

My rifle seems prefers Norma over other manufacturers (Federal/Remington).

May I suggest you also consider different manufacturers - PRIVI seem priced well in other calibres.

L

It's a .222, it will shoot just about anything, very well, upto 52grains and some will go a tad more to 55grain.

I use to shoot 52amax and nothing argued with them. Then I started shooting innand around livestock so it was suggested to run light and fast so there was no worry with the exit. I ended with 40g sbk but I didn't run them too fast as i like to keep a barrles throat in fair order for as long as I can. The bullet didn't exit and the carcuss rattled a fair bit afterwards.

I switched from 50gr vmax to 52gr AMax

cheaper and come through the post

little bit more punchy than the Vmax and often exited foxes but they still go down hard

this was with a 1:14 BRNO

I replaced that with a sako and it struggled to shoot the Amax. its the length not the weight

It will happily shoot some 53gr solid copper barnes and 60gr Hornady soft points

pulled the tips on the amax to prove a point and they grouped

I now use 40gr SBKs for fox, christ knows what speed they are doing but its like a claymore going off on impact sometimes!

I switched from 50gr vmax to 52gr AMax

cheaper and come through the post

little bit more punchy than the Vmax and often exited foxes but they still go down hard

this was with a 1:14 BRNO

I replaced that with a sako and it struggled to shoot the Amax. its the length not the weight

It will happily shoot some 53gr solid copper barnes and 60gr Hornady soft points

pulled the tips on the amax to prove a point and they grouped

I now use 40gr SBKs for fox, christ knows what speed they are doing but its like a claymore going off on impact sometimes!

40gr SBKs sound interesting mate what are they

colin

Shot the blitz kings out at 400m at castle law range the other night

Seriously fun,

Took a few shots to get the elevation sorted as my little app was off

Going to be some seriously unlucky foxes now I have it dialled in to longer range shots!