Im broken

deershooter

Sorry to learn of your loss Dean, cherish the memories of your dad, remember the lessons that he taught you and the experiences that you shared together and smile as you think of them.

Although sadness overwhelms you just now the happy memories always find a way to break through.

Edited by grrclark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for your loss, I lost my dad 7 weeks ago, and it does really bloody hurt especially how close we were.

All I can say is time will heal, keeping yourself busy helped for me anyway, I started an extremely stressful job 2 days after. It does get easier.

Condolences to you and your family

My dad who was also my best friend died of Motor Neurone Disease after a short but cruel illness. I too felt like my world had been taken apart. It hurts like hell, and it always will. That's a fact. Truth be told though, he wouldn't want you hurting. He would want you living and loving life. That is what all dads want for their sons. I still see my dad in my mind every day. I can still hear him talking to me, giving me words of wisdom. He will always be there and you will be surprised at all that you do remember. Honour him in all you do from now on. Talk about him and embrace what and who he was.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

I lost my dad in an Oil Rig Accident 10.5 years ago, he was 59 and going to retire at 60, I was 27 at the time.

I know how you feel my friend, words right now won't change a thing but time is a great healer, and in time it will get easier.

Gone but never forgotten.

Matt

Lost father in law and my dad all with in a month , my dad was my best mate miss him still as if it was yesterday , got all the stuff from both never use owt apart from a pair of leather gloves my dad had , his jumper is hung in my wardrobe and can still smell him and they been gone 16 years , heart goes out to you you just learn to live with it chin up keeps smiling