Chicken slaughter.

chrisjpainter

My mother just called to say all the chickens have been killed. all killed by heads being bitten off and then left. The ducks have thus far survived (due to the pond escape) But i wouldn't put it past them to pass from shock in the night. The neighbours' fence has been brittle and weak and that's where he got in. Horrible for her to have to clean up. Horrible thing to happen. she's so upset. rotten way to finish a day that had been so good

this time of the year there are cubs to feed and a return is most likely around early dusk. get a stick about five foot tall and tie a carcass so it swings in the wind out in the open so that you can clearly see the target.. think of the wind direction.and the way that the beast will come from. if you get set up wrong the beast will smell you or you wont be able to make out what is happening. you may only get one chance. or snare the hole. failing that feed the blighter up because it is only trying to survive and bring its family up. sometimes taking one out makes more problems because others move in to the territory and it can be worse. it's a balance of nature.

hello, years ago 1980s i use to shoot on a small farm in south oxon that had a lot of prize chickens and bantams that the farming family loved to take to shows but as chrispainters post even with fencing a fox got in and killed all but a few, they asked me to try and sort it as other near farming friends had chickens so i tracked it back to a long deep dry ditch from further afield and waited above the ditch sitting safe and quite with shotgun and heavy load (BBs i think then) for a few nights and sure enough it came back just before dark but enough light to see it creeping forwards me so i gave it about 20yards and shot it much to a the farmers delight, he then sorted the fence and got lots more birds and had no problem after.

Could have been ozzy osbourne...

Does he frequently creep along ditches at dusk, randomly attack chickens at dusk or does he do both? In all eventuallities An once and a quarter of BB will stop all of that nonsense quick and lively.

Edited by fortune