Silent Shooting X 3

I had a call this morning " Rooks eating the cattle feed" . I arrived at the farm to find at least fifty in the feed troughs. The farmer must have at least seventy beasts under cover and he suggested shooting along the troughs which I did not agree with so I set up behind a hedge as the birds were flying out of the yard over this hedge. No decoys but as soon as I was set up at approx 11.00 I had birds flying over me. the first hour was busy but it tailed off after that and I had Grandfather duties to carry out so I packed up at 15.00 . Met the farmer and he was pleased with the thirtyfive I had shot as the others had left the building I was using 1 ounce 7.5 Hushpower clay loads, Subsonic, but as I was shooting mainly at birds going away the results were mixed, some I stoned the others seem to carry on regardless.

f219b2ce-bea2-46ff-906e-688bf7585642_zps

Great tool for the job and a good day out. I want one.

I have just got a perm that is restricted to the farm buildings where the black ones will be a little later in the year. Looks to me like this is the gun to get. I was wondering about just using sub sonics. The semi is pretty noisy in confined spaces and subs might be little better?

Never used them though and dont know if they would be more difficult with lead being used to normal shells?

doing well with the old hushpower, as you might have seen last year I used a 20g mossbergh pump and posted a few bags with it but I use standard carts 1 ounce of 7s , the noise is increased slightly from subs but with a little wind you can,t hear it 100 yards away, I just don,t seem to get along with subsonics for some reason my kill ratio goes way down compared to standard shells in it

Guest cookoff013

You need to start reloading.

yep.

start saving your empty 70mm hulls, or buy new primed hulls.

i can honestly say 32g of #4 100fps through any choke patterns some at silly ranges, it`s got the "whack" too at "those distances that shall not be named"

i use a #4 because it has the same energy at that distance as a standard 1300fps #6. those are what the numbers make out. patterns really well.

i actually dont have a hushpower, but just reload subs,

i can do 21g to 42g nearly all fibre, but the 32g subs actually are the cheapest best value, i`ve tried to beat it on price (cost calculate everything, came close to the 21g subs loads) but its not in the same league as the aforementioned 32g #4. if i reloaded 20gauge, i`d do #5s.

yep.

start saving your empty 70mm hulls, or buy new primed hulls.

i can honestly say 32g of #4 100fps through any choke patterns some at silly ranges, it`s got the "whack" too at "those distances that shall not be named"

i use a #4 because it has the same energy at that distance as a standard 1300fps #6. those are what the numbers make out. patterns really well.

i actually dont have a hushpower, but just reload subs,

i can do 21g to 42g nearly all fibre, but the 32g subs actually are the cheapest best value, i`ve tried to beat it on price (cost calculate everything, came close to the 21g subs loads) but its not in the same league as the aforementioned 32g #4. if i reloaded 20gauge, i`d do #5s.

This sounds very technical it's much easier to go and buy some !!! In the future I will venture into the Dark Art and start another addictive part of my sport much to the families disgust.