English Open

figgy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I must say it was a challenging shoot. I got far too much wrong and realised it to late.

Finished on 74 but on a personal bonus I shot 6 ex 8 on the high driven which I was chuffed with.

On stand 12 I think it was with the sim pair of left to right crosses. I found it easier to take the slower back on first as the other slowed down more towards the end.

The white one on stand 5 yeah found that tricky. Couldn't find the high crosser.

Stand 1 leads you into a false sense of the shoot. A rabbit and a lowish crosser.

A couple of teals that are tricky. Lots of high shifting and slow stuff.

Definitely the hardest cpsa open I have shot.

Saying that can't wait to shoot most of it again at the charity shoot. I hope they keep stands 5 and 9 I think it was.

I'm sure others with have different opinions.

Well got rear handed to me and finished with 80. Missed some silly clays and nails some tough ones. Great shoot and very well ran, not one hold up and round in no time.

This is true a very well run shoot. It will be intresting how it goes at the weekend with more people there

Bunny killer stand 6 with the white clay I wound myself up to much and missed in front of my first pair. Re adjusted and shot the next six hard hit all the white ones before the tree, the bloody driven stand nearly put my back more out and creaking round the rest of the course, only hit two of the midis dusting them. Never touched the pink teal on one of the early stands. Missed all the orange incomers and my last green incomer on stand 10 stand 11 was same result 3 scored stand 12 ok at 6 scored then halved next stand. Limped home dropping one of the dolly incomers on 14 and dropped 3 on 15 :no: kicked myself over some of the ones I missed, over the moon with some harder stands I middled. Hero to zero far to many times.

Lots of frustrated faces coming off at the end of the shoot :lol:

Edited by figgy

Bunny killer stand 6 with the white clay I wound myself up to much and missed in front of my first pair. Re adjusted and shot the next six hard hit all the white ones before the tree, the bloody driven stand nearly put my back more out and creaking round the rest of the course, only hit two of the midis dusting them. Never touched the pink teal on one of the early stands. Missed all the orange incomers and my last green incomer on stand 10 stand 11 was same result 3 scored stand 12 ok at 6 scored then halved next stand. Limped home dropping one of the dolly incomers on 14 and dropped 3 on 15 :no: kicked myself over some of the ones I missed, over the moon with some harder stands I middled. Hero to zero far to many times.

Lots of frustrated faces coming off at the end of the shoot :lol:

Stand 6 was my nemesis. The only thing I hit on that one was that blooming tree, if I'd had another couple of shots I reckon I could've toppled it :/. The next driven stand was almost as bad. I don't shoot sporting very often and there were some targets there that I just didn't have a clue how to shoot. That said I thoroughly enjoyed the event, I've never been to Hodnet before and I thought it was pretty awesome. Shot round with a good bunch of PW'ers and we had a good laugh. Looking forward to the N v S bash in a fortnight.