Six mile bottom simulated game days

Reading the field magazine earlier this evening, and saw an article about simulated game days, one venue being six mile bottom in Cambridge.

Anyone been on one of these days before? It's something I'm seriously considering doing and at 175 quid a pop including lunch and dinner I'd be more than happy to go and give it a whirl pre season.

Very local to me, in fact I shoot rabbits and foxes on there with my mate who is keeper on it.

The food is outstanding at the pub, which is The Green Man at Six Mile Bottom. It's actually nearer Newmarket than Cambridge. The pub is a real shooters/ game food eaterie.

Reading the field magazine earlier this evening, and saw an article about simulated game days, one venue being six mile bottom in Cambridge.

Anyone been on one of these days before? It's something I'm seriously considering doing and at 175 quid a pop including lunch and dinner I'd be more than happy to go and give it a whirl pre season.

Can you book single guns or does it have to be a team ? Have recently joined a game syndicate for next season and could do with the practice, I would be up for going. I saw a video on line (Fieldsports TV ?) , where Vinnie Jones was shooting simulated at Six mile Bottom , he mentioned his Dad being the gamekeeper. Looked like a really good day.

Six Mile Bottom is pretty good. Imaginative set up, nice hospitality. Good steak - they can cook a blue steak at the Green Man. I've been twice. Jackie and Richard are lovely people, nothing is too much trouble. The sloe port is pretty damn special as well :-)