Peaky Blinders

the hitman

Hi Folks

A heads up to anyone who has been watching this excellent programme, that it returns for season 3 tomorrow night BBC 2 9pm.

There have been some excellent crime dramas on television in recent times, however they dont come any better than this one.

Hitman.

Edited by the hitman

Good TV but I understand the stories only bear a passing relationship to the truth? my maternal grandfather was a gunsmith in Price St, Birmingham in the mid to late 19th early 20th century, his son, my uncle, who is long dead, used to work at the BSA as a barrel borer (I think?) in the twenties, I remember him occasionally referring to the "peaky blinders" in conversation with others when my brother and I were small boys.....we are both in our late 60's now but it's nice to hear the references in the series to places I knew and still know in Birmingham though!

There is also a factual series of articles running on the Peaky Blinders, "sloggers" and other Brum gangs in the local newspaper the Evening Mail, by a local historian Carl Chinn who has links to or was bought up in the Summer Lane area of Brum!..........Rough area, tough people!

Edited by panoma1

My eldest son's stepdaughter is in series 3. I dropped her off and picked her up from a hall in Cheshire, when they were filming there. This is her - in costume.

She's on first name terms with Cillian Murphy and the rest of the cast. Quite impressive seeing the cast in their screen outfits - very realistic.

post-3629-0-38938500-1462396868_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gordon R

Saw Harriet - just standing to the Bride's right, but didn't speak.

I have to say I was disappointed with the first episode. Too much mumbling and a hard to follow storyline - not that anything of real significance happened. I trust it will improve.

I have to say I was disappointed with the first episode. Too much mumbling and a hard to follow storyline - not that anything of real significance happened. I trust it will improve.

+1

We need another strong arch enemy as Sam Neill was in the first two series.

One episode, does not a series make.

I agree with Gordon about the mumbling though. A lot of BBC dramas have been criticized for this recently.

Well, you chaps raving about this made me watch it tonight.............don't think I'll bother again.

• 2 weeks later...