MIROKU BARRELS.

bryan7162

Miroku MK38 barrels, 700 mm lg with a 10 mm rib. bored

cyl & 1/4. bores in excellent condition. marks on outside where forearm fits, £180.00 + RFD fees.

Also forearm to fit above barrels c/w ironwork, split on two sides where it fits to action, ( can be glued ). £65.00 + £8.50

p/p.

Can send photos if interested.

As far as I am aware you can buy and sell shot gun barrels with no paperwork needed as I have done this several times

It depends. When I bought a new barrel for my pump action it had to be sent from the suppliers to an RFD and then entered onto my license. Personally I`d rather err on the side of caution and complete the paperwork than possibly end up getting grief from the police at renewal time as to why I have a barrel they have no knowledge of. We all know different forces tend to interpret the law/guidelines in different ways. It will be of little consolation to be right and them wrong if you are hauled down to the station or have guns confiscated whilst the issue is resolved.

Danger Mouse

Point taken with regards new barrels from shop/RFD

The ones I have bought and sold were second set of barrels for said shotgun and I spoke to my FLO about it when I bought/sold my 1st one and he said no paperwork needed with to send to them or entered on certificate, as you say each area may be different and up for interpretation

From my experience I was informed that if they are the same calibre as the barrels that aleady are on the gun that you own they don't need to be entered. They do need to be enter if they are a different calibre.

So if the action and number is recorded on your cert as a 12b and the second set are 12b then no problem.

If they are 20b to go on a 12b action then they do need to be added.

I don't know why this is but I guess if you get stopped the cert entry description wouldn't match the gun if the other gauge barrels were fitted at the time.