Scrap must be going up.

TONY R

I hope so tony I've got about eight tonnes of horse shoes.

Well it is going some where so if they are buying it, who is selling it must be buying it, its how much for thats the interesting bit here. :lol: Hope some one is in the know on here.

Chances are that the bails are produced "in house" in large factories (car panel plants etc) by scrap firms paying well below the market scrap price. Because of the quantities involved, these are usually shipped straight to the large scrap yards on the docks, where the market scrap price is paid.

The non ferrous metal will be taken back to their own yard and shipped out when the price is more favourable.

This is what the scrap firm did when I worked for them.

Docks haven't been buying lately they just got on the phones to say they are. Bigger yards have been sending out thier own containers and just about breaking even

Steel and scrap is on the rise again but it's been seriously low

As they was saying the other week instead of sending all of this scrap out of the country why do we not get some arc furnaces and reuse it ourself instead of importing ore and coal to make steel the hard and expensive way but hell what do I no.

That's what S****horpe will be doing now it been bought our own from scrap investing billions supposedly not sure of the furnace arrangements and such - it's not been said out loud

Swear filter wasn't required it the town in the NE

Edited by kent

Some older alloys are worth a small fortune. Not many cars from the 70's and 80's came with alloys and the ones that did were usually the performance cars that kerbed and smashed a few, making them a rare thing today.

Edited by figgy

• 2 weeks later...

As they was saying the other week instead of sending all of this scrap out of the country why do we not get some arc furnaces and reuse it ourself instead of importing ore and coal to make steel the hard and expensive way but hell what do I no.

Yes! we could call it British Steel, Oh hold on though.........

Go easy scraping the aloys look what you got first :| , i just sold some peugeot speedlines off a early 1600 gti 205 for what i though was silly money, the lad was raving for them.

AMG wheels are £100+ each even in disgraceful condition. But its less common to scrap cars these days ebay allows cars to be broken up and sold peacemeal for much greater profit. Farming is not worth getting out of bed for so the farm buildings are being used to store parts

Steel stock has gone up £ 126 per ton in the last few weeks

Looks like Chinese policy of dumping cheap steel on us has given them the market for a while to gather thier losses plus a load more.

Scrap is rising just slower any who have some might wish to hang on as long as they can before selling - I doubt it will drop back for a good while now it's going up slowly