Hawke vantage 4-12×50 with .22 lr sub reticle

nicholiath

Barrel length, exactly what round you are using, and loads of other variables can mean a lot of difference in velocity, and thus impact point, at different distances.

Far better to find out at what range that point is correct at (say 75 yards), and judge from there

I suspect the answer will be a combination of corrections - as you say, altering the mag, etc, etc, so you could also try chrono'ing the bullet MV - even just to eliminate one partial cause. The advertised figure for the 40g Winnies, for example, is, I think, 1067 - close to the scope maker's figure - but from my Anschutz they leave at 1032.

.22 lr with subsonic rounds

hello, when i purchased my 22LR and this scope i went to a proper range and zero at 9 mag @50yrds using RWS, the 100yrds target there were not all in zero by 1inch but well within limits. RWS were the best all round ammo in my CZ. you might find eley subs better as i believe faster burning powder and when i tried shot high.

TBH the trajectory of a .22 at 100 yds is pretty much a downward curve and will vary a lot from brands and types. I think you are expecting a lot to zero at 50 and expect your scope manufacturer to predict accurately for every variable at 100.

In my experience of these things its never that precise, there has always got to be a bit of hold over or under.

I've got the 4-12 22lr sub ridicle on my cz452, zero'd at 50 yards on max mag as per instructions.

With 42g wins, they shoot slightly higher at 75yd on the 75yd crosshair. Fine for boiler house shots, hit and miss for head shots.

Haven't really gone much beyond that.

Very useful as a guide.

Frustratingly if you use the hawke BRC app, it won't let you change the mag to higher than 9x for that particular ridicle.