Normal For Norfolk

JDog

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few repeats of this show on back to back at present on BBC 2 now for anyone interested.

And by the way it was not a misspelling' I actually thought it was called "Norma" for Norfolk so my mistake. :oops:

Spelling is not one of my Strong points though' but there seems to some pedantic folk about with very little to bother them .

A few repeats of this show on back to back at present on BBC 2 now for anyone interested.

And by the way it was not a misspelling' I actually thought it was called "Norma" for Norfolk so my mistake. :oops:

Spelling is not one of my Strong points though' but there seems to some pedantic folk about with very little to bother them .

i dont think folks are being that pedantic............one of the Norfolk MP's used to be a Minister in the last administration...named Norman Lamb....he is locally referred to as "Norma".. :good:

spelling is definatly not my strong point so dont fret about it.........communication is of more value than spelling...

Edited by ditchman

I blame my dad, he was infatuated by boating on the Norfolk broads, my first memories , I was about 8 years old , we took a boat out of Wroxham for a week and dad jammed it under Potter Heigham bridge on the way up to Hickling broad , After several years of hiring boats dad bought himself a boat on a trailer and from then on we were up here several times a year, fishing , sailing and generally getting in everyone else's way, He retired to Stalham and had his boat in Richardsons yard, so as a young man with kids of my own we spent a lot of time visiting Norfolk so we could get free holidays on dads boat and fish every chance we got,

Now I am retired and when we made the decision 'where did we want to spend out time' where else could it be, we chose to live on the beautiful Norfolk coast, and only 3 miles from our boat moored on the river very near Potter Heigham and the infamous low bridge.

I have miles of great fishing rivers and broads, as much pigeon shooting as I can cope with plus a fantastic wildfowling season right in the middle of the Norfolk marshes and thousands of pinkfoot geese, I was born in Wiltshire, lived all over the world, but give me Norfolk anytime, absolutely bl***y fantastic. :lol::lol::good:

same as me...I miss some aspects of Leeds and living in a city but on the whole love it down here

I've just watched episodes 3 and four and the impression I get is of upper class families and old fashioned lord of the manor mentality. some of the staff featured seemed to be a bit under impressed with their boss. On his way to college the sun said that he loved growing up there, always friends over and always something to do! How the other half live!